“Clean, Friendly, Like being and Home”

Little Shamrock Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed June 17, 2009

The owners and staff are nice and friendly which makes for a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms are large and clean, they are taking extra steps cleaning do to the H1N1 Virus. The covered pool was great after a hard day of digging. It would be great in the colder months. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed June 8, 2009

PRO'S:
The motel appears to have a remodeled interior. It's a mom-and-pop style establishment.
CON'S:
You almost need a GPS to navigate through the parking lot. The rooms are located less than 10 feet from neighboring trailers. I have never seen cockroaches so large in all my life... the first couple minutes in the room, I had already killed 3. The sheets were dirty... very, very dirty. The motel offers amenities such as a coffee pot, microwave and fridge, however, neither a hair drier nor an alarm clock. I do not know if wireless internet is available.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
shamrockArkansas, MANAGER at Little Shamrock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

We are pro-active in bug control, and if there is a roach in a room it is due to a previous guest. We extermate on a regular basis knowing how important it is to eliminate unwanted bugs. There is a bug in Arkansas called a water bug that looks alot like a very large roach, and they are everywhere. But these bugs are not the same as a german roach which is what no one wants to see.
As for the sheets, our sheets are nearly new, and we wash them after every guest in bleach and detergint. If a guest is on an extended stay the sheets are changed after 3 days. I do not believe that the sheets could have been dirty.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

After reading the reviews I was worried what the place would be like when we got there since I had already booked two rooms before hand. When we did get to Murfreesboro for our trip to the Crater of Diamonds we found the first appearances can be decieving. It really didn't look that great from the outside. But our rooms were very nice and clean. We originally booked to non-smoking King suites side by side when we got there one of the rooms had a water leak and our daughter and son in law had to stay in another room that was away from ours. Our room was one of the newer ones in the back and they didn't have the heat-air units in yet but being April was comfortable inside but we still would like to have a room next to our kids so we could watch our 15 month old grandson. So we asked if we could change rooms the one next to the kids was a double queen suite and they said of course we could with no problems since we had not messed up the room in anyway. Even though this was supposed to be a smoking room there was no smell of smoke at all in the room which really surprised me cause I can smell that a mile away. Yes the office smelled of smoke but we weren't going to sleep in the office, if they want to smell it then that's there business. Yes the lady did have some small dogs 3 pugs and 2 daschunds never heard a peep from the pugs and the daschunds did bark when they seen some one but were put up and quite at night. Over all we had a great time and felt at home while we were there. We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant right down the road and we give a 2 thumbs up also it is very similar to the ones in our area under the La Huerta and El Parian names. Had more food than we could eat and was very good. I would recommend this motel to anyone that wants go digging for diamonds that doesn't mind not having all the frills of a more fancy motel. The heated pool was the only one in town and it sure was relaxing after a day of digging. All the other places were out doors and not open this time of year.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank daleh4
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I do not know why this motel has such bad reveiws, this was the best place for the price that I have seen anywhere and I travel quite often. We had a suite with one queen bed and then a seperate king size bed in another room, first room had breakfast table and sofa and rocking chair and queen size bed and tv and micro-wave. The bed I slept in the king size was the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept on and so were the pillows. The room was very clean, swimming pool indoors was great and clean, only thing not good about the place was no ice machine. I am so glad I read down farther on the reveiws and decided to book at this motel. It is great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank MysticalValle
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Warning: if you are a non-smoker and want a non-smoking room, don't stay here!

I called and made a reservation for one night, requesting a non-smoking room. When we arrived, the manager wasn't there so the housekeeper said she would check us in. The room she sent us to was definenatly a smoking room (my wife is allergic to cigarette smoke, and can tell when a room has been smoked in), so I went back to the office and told the housekeeper we had requested a non-smoking room. She said, "We always clean a room after someone smokes in it, so it should be OK." We said it wasn't OK, so she gave us another room, which cost $10.00 more. That room was also obviously a smoking room; in addition to the smell, there was even an ashtray on the night stand. When we commented on the ashtray, the housekeeper said it must have been placed in that room "by mistake." We stood in the room about 5 minutes, debating, and finally told the housekeeper that we couldn't stay there. She said we would be charged for the room, regardless, because they had a 24 hour cancellation policy. She said the manager was due back shortly, and she was the one who could make a decision about being charged. So we decided to go to the state park (we did not leave anything in the room) and return when we were done. We came back two hours later and the manager still wasn't there. We informed the cleaning lady we couldn't wait any longer, and left our phone number so the manager could contact us. About an hour later the manager called and informed us that we would be charged for the room since we did not cancel 24 hours in advance. I tried several times to explain to her why we left but was never allowed to finish a sentence. She said she would have written it down if I had requested a non-smoking room, and since she didn't write it down, I must not have requested one. (I've been requesting non-smoking rooms exclusively for over 30 years, and have never had a problem before.) She also said that whenever someone has smoked in a room, they have a spray they use, and no one can tell the difference after they spray. We took that to mean that's how they classify a non-smoking from a smoking room - they use a spray! We know that doesn't officially qualify, so from our perspective, they don't even have any non-smoking rooms. I finally gave up trying to state my point of view and said that I would let my credit card company take care of the problem. She said that if we appealed the charges, she would simply keep charging our account, AND she would charge us a cleaning fee because we had messed up the second room (so untrue that it's unbelievable she would make such a claim). And she threatened small claims court, which she knows she would win, since we wouldn't spend the money to return to Arkansas from Minnesota for a $64 bill (the amount she billed us was for the second room, not even the room for which we had made the reservation). Our experience here was the worst we have ever had in all our years of travel. We would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ontheroad6
Reviewed July 2, 2008

when we arrived the office absolutely stunk!!!!!!!! it reeked of stale tobacco and nasty pets smells. The second day we had to wait for our room to be cleaned because as we were told ,,,there were no clean sheets! The manager is a vulgar old woman that needs to be replaced, she isnt friendly at all and is obnoxious as can be. The only thing i can say that is good about this motel was the maid. a young lady named candy who kept appoligizing for there not being clean linens, she was actually the only asset to the motel. I would advise the owner to do some cleaning of his staff and a definite cleaning of the office

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank gabby6356
shamrockArkansas, MANAGER at Little Shamrock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2009

The Little Shamrock is now under new Management. The office is now smoke free. The new management is doing all it can to make the stay as plesent as possible.

Reviewed June 20, 2008

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank nicole023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murfreesboro
Diamond John's Riverside Retreat
Ouachita Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Glenwood
Self Creek Lodge & Marina
Glenwood Golf Course and Resort

Been to Little Shamrock Motel? Share your experiences!