Little Shamrock Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Queen of Diamonds Inn(Murfreesboro)
Excellent 5/5
    Budget Inn(Nashville)
    Very Good 4/5
      Average 3/5
      Average 3/5
      View Hotel
      All reviewsbreakfast roominside poolbbq areaspent one nightmicrowave and refrigeratorroad tripdogsdragonlaundrylampgrandson
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was ify at first because of the mixed reviews I had read but once I got there I was impressed. I like how the pool and breakfast area are in their own building. The breakfast was good with a large variety of items. (Muffins bananas bagels cereal waffles oatmeal cinnamon rolls coffee orange juice milk) I'm sure I forgot a couple things as well. The pool was awesome (very clean) and warm with an amazing slide. There are not many people in the pool house at a time which is nice. Owners are very nice. The room was big with a table and chairs and 2 other chairs.

The carpet was dirty. If you went barefoot your feet would be black. But when you have kids running back and fourth to the pool house without shoes on the carpet is going to get dirty. I can't believe the carpet wasn't worse than it was with people getting muddy at the diamond state park.

Over all our stay was awesome and I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014
      2  Thank Hbm123
      Reviewed March 20, 2014

If you're a looking for a luxurious resort or a mainstream chain hotel, this place is not for you. If you want somewhere cheap and clean with a fridge and some fun people watching, I can definitely recommend it. We stay here every time we go to the diamond mind even though we only live two hours away.
      This looks like someone built it themselves, and the room layout (we always end up in the same room) is bizzare. The floor in our room had a dropoff. The place was clean, the breakfast was good, the staff is always awesome, and we like to sit out on the patio area at night.
      We liked the pool better than the boring water park at the diamond mine.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
      2  Thank WorstGothEver
      Reviewed March 16, 2014

There are no "name brand" hotels in this part of Arkansas -- trust me, I looked. We went with this motel based on their website and the best I hoped for was to be murdered in my sleep. The rooms certainly weren't new or designed by anyone with a flair for decor, but I found them to be quite clean and the beds comfortable. In a nutshell, here was my experience:

Pros -- clean, the kids adored the pool and waterslide, price, funny things to chat with your spouse about (yes, there really is a flyswatter in the dresser and an "outdoor" fitness room), soft mattresses, large television, all of the standard "extras" that hotels have such as soaps and shampoos, enough towels, good location, flexibly check-in time, did I mention the water slide?
      Cons -- thin walls and ceilings (though everyone quieted down after 9 pm), iffy electrical (I threw the breaker with my blow dryer), cable has a lot of static on some channels, obviously an older motel that was redone and certain aesthetic shortcuts were taken

It was nicely located near the Crater of Diamonds State Park and Murfreesboro's Dollar General Store. :)

Overall, I would recommend the place for families. You are not checking into the Four Seasons Murfreesboro, but you are not paying for the Four Seasons either.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
      6  Thank Jill C
      Reviewed October 27, 2013

This motel was the worst I have ever stayed in, The old guy at the front desk was a complete jerk, advised us that we were the 10th people to come in within the last hour and stated that people need to get rooms at a reasonable hour, It was 10:30 p.m. We wouldnt have stayed there if there was in other place to stay in the area. The room smelled, and it was a far cry from the 50" TV they advertise, it was a old school 19" at best. Room was dusty with spider webs in the corners. There was no water pressure to shower in but it was better then no shower at all, but when I was done I walked out of the bathroom to find our room had flooded the carpet and when we first turned on the water it came out brown... Completely discusted with our stay there will never go back...............................

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
      4  Thank christym29
      Gordon H, Owner at Little Shamrock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

This was the most obnoxious, hateful, self-centered guest we have ever had. We pray to Thor that he never comes back.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This motel is not very good place to stay. They have an Ice machine in the office if you need only a small amount, should you need more you are directed to a near by store.

The lady in the office informed us that the hot tub has been closed because of a dispute with the health department over not having a proper filter.

We had no hot water the first night, "the hot water heater must have went out" was the response from the office. It seemed like a common problem. Our room had a 19" TV, far cry from the 51" TV advertised.

There was a sign in the office that said" go ahead and steal from me I have your card number". Nothing says "welcome" like a sign like that. You don't know if the customers are thieves or will you have a battle over your statement.

We found a butcher knife on our window sill outside our room. Any child could have reached it. Apparently a maintenance person left it there earlier while working on the algae covered fountain.

I would find another motel further away and make the drive in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple