“Great Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Queen of Diamonds Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed one night at this hotel but wished we would have stayed longer. We stayed in what they called a suite which was the nicest place I have ever stayed in. The rooms were very clean and I am really picky. This being a suite it wasnt that much more than a regular room. They had a free breakfast in the morning and everyone there was really friendly. I would stay here again anytime. I just wish more hotels were like this one.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasLivelife

Reviewed August 2, 2008

My family and I traveled from michigan to arkansas to visit the crater of diamonds. Nice hotel clean, beds are comfy. good breakfast, cereal, and bagels. If you need more go across the street there is a restaurant. This is the nicest looking place in town. I owuld stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank triptakerMichigan
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Nice looking place. The other two hotels/ "no tels" on the same street are scary looking. Check in was at 3, not sure if understaffed or what, but we were not able to check in until close to 4 because a big majority of rooms were not cleaned. Clean room and friendly staff. Breakfast was not huge, but was enough to tie one over. 4 types of cereal, bagels, toast and donut holes.
Ate dinner at a restaurant in Nashville ( 12 miles away) called the Fisherman's Wharf and it was GOOD!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jjacon
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I took my 17-year-old grandson, Paul, to Arkansas in June 2008 for 5 days. We stayed at the Queen of Diamonds Inn. The rates in trip advisor are not correct. Rooms rent for approximately $89 a night and the price is worth it!

This is a very nice accommodation for families. The room was clean and comfortable with 2 queens size beds plus a TV, microwave and small refrigerator. The day we arrived there was a rocking chair in front of our room. How cozy! The pool was very inviting. (Other local motels didn't even have water in theirs!) The continental breakfast included a choice of 3 cereals, cups of fruit (mixed/pineapple/peaches), OJ, bagels, breads and coffee.

I highly recommend you call Sally whenever you plan to visit Murfreesboro, Arkansas.

We had so-o much fun! Tip: Chain your rocking chair down! They disappear as soon as you turn around!

S. Grassi, Secaucus, NJ

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank secaucusgal
Reviewed June 28, 2008

The Good:
The room was very clean. We were in a newly renovated part of the hotel. Rooms were good size, had fridge. Nice rockers outside room to sit on. The location was great for going to Crater of Diamonds SP. The pool was nice and clean. Parking was good. Staff was nice enough. Has breakfast but we didn't try it. Buddy's Ranch House across the street has good food and prices.

The Bad:
The beds looked very nice but were uncomfortable to all of us for some reason. Laundry facilities were all out of order. The cleaning staff comes in daily whether you want them to or not to check for daily smoking violators. A little expensive in my opinion for the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank S_TX_Traveler
Reviewed June 9, 2008

My wife and I took our grand daughter to the Crator of Diamonds, Indian Village and to Mount Ida to search for crystal. We had a wonderful time with her. We stayed at the Queen of Diamonds Inn. The place was great. It is a great place for families. My grand-daughter made friends right away as she always does everywhere we go. All of the people that were staying at the Inn were very friendly. The rooms were very roomy and clean. My wife and I felt very save staying there. I read a review that commended on the breakfast being very bland. Well, maybe so but it was enough for us. It gave us a chance to meet people and share our ideas of things to do around the area and of their home towns. The only place we would not recommend is Buddy's Ranch House Cafe. We ate breakfast there one morning and we were not pleased. Besides the food not being good, the service was bad. We heard about their Chicken Fried Steak Dinner and we thought we try it one evening even though our bad experience with their breakfast. It was even worse. They should call it Chicken Fried Batter. I never found the steak in it. And again the service was as bad as before. We loved the town of Murfreeboro and we will probably visit it again some day but we will never eat at Buddy's Ranch House Cafe.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sancudo
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My family and I traveled from Memphis, TN to visit both the Crater of Diamonds and the Indian Village to search for arrowheads. The group consisted of myself, my children and a friend of the family. Our ages varied (33, 18, 17, 15 & 11).

While I was in Murfreesboro, I stayed at the Little Shamrock, The American Heritage and The Queen of Diamonds. Out of ALL 3 places we stayed, I MUST rate the Queen of Diamonds as #1.

We checked in before going off to the Indian Village. While checking in, I requested that since my group was large, that plenty of extra towels, soaps and conditioners etc.. be placed in our room for us before we returned from the Indian Village.

Upon our return....I found that indeed, all of the extra's were in the room-plenty of extra towels, handtowels, bathtowels, soaps, conditioners...everything - PERFECT.

We stayed in room #25, upstairs, a smoking room for myself. It was a very spacious room indeed. Complete with 2 queen beds and a television with cable in the main room, 2 nice comfortable sitting chairs, a medium size refrigerator, nightstands, alarm clock, telephone etc. Then you have the bathroom/dressing area where all the towels, soaps and sink are located with a huge bathroom mirror - Complete with a BLOWDRYER - Very nice. Then the actual bathroom was located to the right of the bathroom/dressing area. The bathroom was well stocked with toilet tissue, including extra rolls- There were even more bath towels located in the bathroom...hanging along the wall. In the bathroom...you had a Bathtub/Shower - So that you could take either or - Another plus I liked very much. As the children prefer the showers and I'm more partial to a nice relaxing hot bath after being with the kids all day if you know what I mean.

Besides the main room/with the 2 QUEEN BEDS bathroom/dressing area in room #25 - There is a very large EXTRA room on the left, complete with another QUEEN BED in it...another Television, nightstands and dresser -
In the bottom drawers of the dresser in both the main room and the extra side room....you will also find EXTRA PILLOWS in the bottom drawers. This is nice for individuals who like to sleep with not just one pillow but two. So all together, our room contained 10 pillows.
I placed everyone in the main room with the two queen beds and television and I chose to sleep in the extra room with my own queen bed - They had their beds and television and I had my own private bed and television...very NICE.

I could close the door to my room and seperate myself somewhat from all the teenagers with me during our trip - It provided me my own private space.

The kids enjoyed the swimming pool - which was very well kept and very clean....

I enjoyed the outside sitting area complete with round glass top tables and sitting chairs. Also located around outside at the bottom and upstairs overlooking the balcony are rocking chairs - So you may also go and sit outside if you like - Another plus in my book.

For anyone visiting this area and looking for a very NICE, pleasant place to stay with GREAT accomadation and a WARM< FRIENDLY STAFF I HIGHLY recommend The Queen of Diamonds.

Like I said before, I also stayed at the Little Shamrock and it was absolutely horrible - I got 2 rooms at the Shamrock and ran into nothing but hassle and trouble at the Shamrock - Did you know that the Shamrock says that they do not even furnish you with shampoo nor conditioner? If you want to know more about our stay there, I am also writing a review of our stay there.

The American Heritage was just okay...nothing great...just a plain ol room....and the movie channels on television are barely visible-you can't even watch them-I am also writing a review on that one as well.
The Queen of Diamonds is DEFINATELY the BEST. The Staff is SUPER friendly. I was very impressed with both them, the quality of service as well as the room. I will definately be staying at the Queen of Diamonds again when we return to Murfreesboro later this summer for another adventure.

I am very pleased - out of all the places we stayed - this one was the best of them all...and priced about the same as all the others in town as well - Very affordable - Which was also a plus in my case, being a single mother, traveling with 4 children and traveling on a budget at that.

Rebecca Michelle Fitzsimmons
Traveled from just outside Memphis, TN.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsmoscowgraves
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murfreesboro
Little Shamrock Motel
Holiday Motor Lodge
#3 of 3 in Nashville
Glenwood Golf Course and Resort
Self Creek Lodge & Marina

Been to Queen of Diamonds Inn? Share your experiences!