“A dissapointing stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Siddika K, Adm Asst. at Days Inn Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We booked one room for two nights. The housekeeper told us that she would make the beds, bring us clean towels, and replace the soap, shampoo and coffee. When we got there the second night, the beds were not made, and our dirty towels were still on the floor of the bathroom where we left them. The trash was not even emptied. We told the front desk staff, but she said she couldn't do anything, but would make a note of it. The next morning we told the front desk clerk that our room was dirty. The floors haven't seen a vacuum in months. She said they have 8 vacuums. We told her that the room was filthy with dust, and the dresser drawers hadn't been cleaned for a long time. She said the housekeeper would get a write up in her file. She gave us a credit on our bill of $15.00, but she didn't leave her chair to go look at the room. Nobody came to look at the room while we were there. They obviously don't supervise their housekeeping staff or have any system to make sure the work gets done that should be done. We will never stay here again since there are plenty of clean places to stay in Mountain View.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Siddika K, Adm Asst at Days Inn Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Days Inn Mountain View, Ar. Although, your comments are not what we like to hear, they are helpful so that we can correct any issues that you had which makes it better for the next guest. As you are probably aware, management can not know every single thing that goes on at a hotel when they are not there. But we can fix issues that are reported to us. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

Joanne Jansen,
Adm Asst to
Siddika Kazi

Reviewed September 14, 2012

First, the hotel room was spacious (one queen bed) clean, not smoke-smelling, and had a comfortable bed. Safe enough area. The microwave did not work, the smoke alarm "chirped" and the coffeemaker leaked at least one cup of water out the bottom. (Makes some really strong coffee.) We brought these things to the attention of the front desk staff (and we brought the smoke alarm, because we had to take it down to stop the noise the first night.) While they were friendly and understanding, nothing was fixed when we returned that evening. The microwave had a plug that didn't connect (might be that someone "adjusted" the prongs) and the same coffeemaker had a towel under it - the only face towel we had in the room. The smoke alarm was still at the front desk. No maid service. I had to go to the front desk for clean towels after the second night. Breakfast area seats six. Four people were lingering at the only table so we took our food to our room. We did not eat there again. Our stay was not as bad as the previous reviewer, but I feel that the hotel did not provide the things they said they would - or at least not in good working order. The rooms on the front are indeed noisy. The television reception was often snowy with electronic noise. The amount for a room was better that the other comparably reviewed inn that was in town, but I feel I did not even get what I paid for. If I go back to Mountain View, I think I will look elsewhere for accommodations. I have expressed my concerns to the company. We'll see what happens, and I will submit an addendum to this review.

Room Tip: Read the reviews - rooms to the back are quieter, but no wifi. Pick what is important to you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

When we checked in, I opened the door and the room was occupied. There was food ans suitcases already there. We went to the front desk and they could not fine another room. The clerk left the desk for several minutes and came back and said room 152 has a No Smoking emblem on the door but she said there was an ashtray in the and being a smoker, she couldn't tell if it had a smoking odor. So she gave me her master key so I could check out the room odor. Yes, I had already accessed someone's room and now I had a key with unlimited access to every room. Well the room reeked of cigarette smell. So back I walked to the front desk. She finally called a manager who told her to give us another non smoking room for someone who had not arrived. The room was small and cramped there was just room for the one double bed. They advertise in room wifi, which does not cover the back half of the complex. So later I walked to the front desk to get ice ( the only ice maker is in the office) while there getting my ice, I inquired about the wi-fi. The same clerk said they knew the wi-fi only worked in some areas and most people can access McDonald's wi-fi. Not the answer I was expecting. At least no one walked in on us. There is a sign on the front desk that talks about hot sausage, eggs, gravy and other breakfast foods. So I asked about the hot breakfast. She said, yes you can warm up oatmeal if you like. I mentioned the sign, she grabbed the sign and at the bottom was the address for the Pizza Inn where the real breakfast was. The Days Inn breakfast is oatmeal, coffee and Sara-Lee.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This town books up fast for some events. If you must stay here, DO NOT let them put you in a room on the front. This motel sits at the junction of two busy highways. The roar of trucks all night is not as soothing and relaxing as you might expect.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed July 7, 2012

people say you get what you pay for, which is true. we paid for two nights and around 54$. our room was alittle old fashion but very clean and the mattress was firm and very comfortable to sleep on. they had a small pool but also clean and enjoyable. the desk help was very friendly and helpful.for what i paid a night i was very pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

They told us we would have another room the second night, just come back to the front desk in the morning. When I went to the front desk in the morning, they told me they were sorry, the other desk clerk forgot to leave a note and they could not accomodate us. When I asked for the owners name and phone number, they miraculously found a room. The second evening at 5:30, the room still wasn't cleaned. I could smell cigarette smoke in the room, even though it was a non smoking room. They didn't even provide a whole roll of toilet paper. I would NEVER stay here again and some of the local merchants toldl us that they have complained about it, to no avail.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#3 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Days Inn Mountain View? Share your experiences!