“Nice comfortable motel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Austin, TX
“Nice comfortable motel”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I spent a night here while traveling throught the Ozarks on my motorcycle. The motel is nice, clean, and quiet. The pictures are accurate. It's a little bit worn, but a perfectly decent place to spend a few nights. The free breakfast was't great, but it was adequate enough to allow me to ride a couple hours before stopping. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Griffin
Reviewed October 31, 2007

This property shows how an older motel that is immaculately maintained can compete with newer places. No, it isn't luxurious, but it is among the cleanest, neatest places we've ever stayed. Nice people, and a wonderful stay.

• Liked — Incredibly neat and clean
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 9, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a nice weekend trip to Mountain View, Arkansas. We stayed at the Best Western Fiddler's Inn and everything went great. The lady at the check-in desk was super nice and welcoming, and our room was clean. I had originally checked in to some B&B's before choosing Best Western, and I'm glad now that they were booked. After touring the area the B&B's weren't quite what they appeared to be on the internet. That's not to say they aren't nice, but just not quite what I would've expected, and I've stayed in quite a few B&B's. Also Best Western Fiddler's Inn is really about your best bet for staying in Mountain View. There are other Inns/Motels nearby, but...not quite up to par. I was so glad I booked with Best Western. Nice people, clean rooms- that's all you need because you'll spend the rest of your vacation site seeing!!!

• Liked — Great location/clean!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Independence, MO
Reviewed August 3, 2007

At check-in I was greeted by a friendly lady that welcomed me to the Best Western and the small community of Mountain View, AR. This Best Western is an older, two-story motel that has been well-maintained and updated with new carpeting, furniture, and fluffy towels. The room was clean, but the bed was a bit firm. Standard continental breakfast fare was offered in the cramped motel lobby.

I contacted the motel directly and saved another 10% from the lowest AAA rate available on the Best Western website.

• Liked — Friendly staff & clean
  • Disliked — Bed a bit too firm
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank moexplorer
Crestline CA
Reviewed October 10, 2005

Perfectly adequate, but a step down from what you expect in a Best Western. Rooms are very noisy. Walls are thin and kids run up and down the exterior walkways despite signs telling them not to. Service is indifferent; breakfast consists of a skinny Danish (the kind my husband calls "road kill")or dry mini muffins. They take large dogs, so if you walk through the grassy area by the picnic tables, watch where you step.

• Stayed October 2003
1 Thank Surudo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2003

Great bed, location close to everything we needed, hosts very friendly and courteous, breakfast danish were tremendous, very reasonable charges

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2003

I stayed at this Inn several times over the years but when I made my reservation this morning for the Passmore family reunion, Aug 1 and 2, I know it was God's Will this call was made. The lady there revealed to me that she had just lost her son June 4th, my mom lost 2 of my brothers in less than 3 yrs, Fred, June 14th, and I was in Mt View at the time.T his lady was so kind and so filled with inner peace from God. I praise Him that I made this reservation instead of the one I was considering and look forward to meeting this precious sister in the Lord in person. Isnt God awesome? He knows just what we need and when we need it. TY dear sister and look fwd to meeting you in Aug. GBU,DJ

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#3 of 11 in Mountain View
Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!