“Just okay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Clean and comfortable for the price. Very nice front desk, helpful. Near everything we were visiting. Could use updating. No problems, we were rarely in the room but everything worked ok. They were completely booked and we did have to park in a grassy area, not a parking space.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank lilching

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been staying here for years and most everything is fine, stuff happens. But I will never stay here again. Long story short, I had to go to another guests room to use his microwave. Very ackward. More times then I can count the front desk has had me window shop for a microwave, don't like it but ill do it. More then once I have had to carry a microwave from another room to mine, don't like it but ill do it. Several times I have had to go back to lobby and use microwave in laundry room,don't like it,kinda gross,but ill do it. But I will NEVER stay here again because of tonight. First, when I got here there was 1 lady in front of me,that's it. 15 full minutes later,I checked in. I requested a microwave as usual she said they were all taken. So she said she would warm my food up for me. I didn't know she was taking it to a occupied room. I had to go to another guests room and get my dinner out of his microwave. This is inexcusable. I don't think guests need to go to total strangers rooms to use their microwave. The owners should have enough for every room or not have them at all. I know for sure the owner is aware of this because many of the workers at the desk has told me they have requested more microwaves. The owners also own the pizza joint in town,so you think they could afford to buy some. Seems to me they just don't care, because I have mentioned having to chase down a microwave more then once. Not any more,I'm done staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Sam C
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I don't even know where to start... No elevator, the stairs seemed rickety (but they didn't fall down.) The door had trouble opening (light showed around the bottom and sides. I guess it wasn't quite plumb.) The a/c had a mildew odor. The beds were uncomfortable (soft, and lumpy...) The water pressure was very low. Two of the lights in the room wouldn't go on. The light in the bathroom was extremely dim. The exhaust fan in the bathroom made a loud whistling noise. The toilet stopped up. When plunged down to empty and reflushed, it overflowed. A lot! Water standing in the upstairs bathroom and, I'm told, pouring down into the room below. The shower made a worse whistling noise than the exhaust fan. When we told the staff, they were pleasant enough about it. They said that the maintenance man would look at it. I assume the next day, after we checked out. No offer of refund. No offer of a different room. Just an apology for the inconvenience. The room seemed dirty and dingy around the edges. Lots of cracks and peeling in the bathroom. I didn't see any vermin, but it's a wonder if there aren't any. All in all, I have to say it's about the worst stay I've ever experienced at any hotel. The room wasn't the priciest, but it wasn't cheap, either. With tax, $90. I've stayed in much better rooms for that price. If we ever go back to Mountain View, we will never stay at that hotel again. And, I'll have to think twice before I'll stay in a Best Western hotel again. We'll see how it goes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael F
Reviewed April 29, 2014

If your out for a visit to Blanchard Springs this hotel is just the ticket, It just 15 miles from the park and everything is close. The room was HUGE and comfortable and the grounds were nice. Don't bother with the breakfast its a standard continental. See my review on the Rainbow Cafe for great down home eats.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor but they are all good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Nice place, but in the middle of nowhere probably the smallest town I've ever seen. The rooms; standard best western nice bed, clean sheets, flat screen tv, but a very small bathroom. Amazing service, we just got off the road from a three hour drive from Little Rock, we were checked in in a matter of seconds. Breakfast: It was just a simple standard hotel continental breakfast but everything was more than edible. The only problem was there was no elevator and with 75 lbs worth of bags that was a problem but the only one.
I will stay here again, if I somehow make it back to AR.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bsa99
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights..... after the spring festival... two years in a row - the second year the room showed much more wear and bed sheets were threadbare and the carpet was very dirty. The dirty carpet actually stained my feet. The staff was still very friendly and very helpful when problems arise. Breakfast included hard boiled eggs and fresh waffes.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank barbarao108
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I researched all hotels in Mtn View and was skeptical about this one. But after I arrived and actually seen the building then went in to check in and saw the friendly lady who greeted me all worries were gone. The room was awesome. Bed allitle soft for my liking but I survived and when im back in the area I WILL stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#3 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!