“good place to stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed her along with our dog during Memorial week-end. The room was very comfortable and rate was reasonable. Seem like this was the town to be in as most motels were filled. We didn't use the outdoor pool however it did look inviting. In the morning, they have a common breakfast for motels. The only down part was there was only 2 table to eat on. The up part was they allowed you take it back to your room to eat. We had also received discount tickets for a breakfast buffet down the street (owned by the same people). We chose to eat at the motel and was satified with our decision.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kcgranny
rc2us00, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear kcgranny, Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you brought your pet and enjoyed your stay. We try to offer a wide variety of items on our breakfast including yogurt, breads, apples and oranges, waffles, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, cereal, instant oatmeal and grits, and sweet rolls. We are currently discussing expanding the breakfast eating area as we know several guests have stated it is too small but we are glad you enjoyed your stay on your holiday weekend.

-Raj Chopra, Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this motel with our adult son in the same room, expecting it to be crowded and uncomfortable. Though it is an older property, it was conveniently located, clean, and pleasant. The breakfast was unusually good for such a small motel. Door opening to outside was convenient for the smoker in our family.

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for ground level room if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SWRVS
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a smaller motel, but quite pleasant and quiet. We enjoyed our stay there, and woulc probably stay there again. The room was adequate and a good enough value for the price. We would probably stay there again should we visit the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Wayne H
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The first thing that impressed me about this hotel was the friendly staff. They had good recommendations for food and were very friendly. The rooms were a little older, but very comfortable and clean. The pillows were great. Heating was good. There were plenty of towels. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. I had a full day to kill and they were wonderful, working with me to get a late checkout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Best Western to anyone. Two thumbs up! Friendliest place around!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PAULA B
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my third trip to Mountain View but the first time I needed lodging so I was wondering where to stay. I'm glad to say I choose the BW. This is an older motel with outside entrances to the rooms. However I found the room clean and comfortable. My room contained a table and chairs which I'm grateful for. Many older motels do not. It also contained a microwave and refrigerator. They did provide a breakfast but the seating area was a little small. If you need lodging in MV This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: No elevators so bottom floor is a must.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NovTraveler01
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were in town to visit with family, so didn't spend much time at the hotel except to go to bed, but the bed was FANTASTIC! Our king bed had a memory foam topper that made it feel like I was sleeping on a cloud! Although I didn't spend much time in the bed, the mattress was so comfortable I slept soundly and felt very rested.
The room was clean and provided a fridge and microwave. The room was ample in size. We got the "winter rate" which made it more affordable, but the price was still more than what we would have liked to pay for what we got. That said, the desk clerk and other staff were very friendly, which counts for a lot.
The breakfast space is TINY--only 2 small tables crammed into the small lobby--but a decent continental breakfast was provided. Biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, and the normal assortment of breads, pastries and cereal were available.
There's not much to choose from in Mountain View. On the recommendation of other TripAdvisor reviews we checked out the Dogwood Motel but the room we looked at was VERY dated and the bathroom needed so definite updating. For only $15 more we got a MUCH nicer room at the Fiddler's Inn. The Days Inn was the same price as the Fiddlers, but not nearly as nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are not any chain hotels in Mountain View, Ar. This Best Western was clean and had been updated. They did have shampoo, soap, hairdryer, microwave, refrig and flat screen TV. Channel selection is limited. WiFi worked great. Not very conducive to working on computer due to table and chair are for dining, not working. All rooms have outside entrance, which I'm not crazy about, but felt safe there. AC/Heat old, either too hot or too cold. Did not try the breakfast, so can't comment on it. I was told there are nicer places to stay by locals, like B&B and the tree houses. But, this served it's purpose and like I said was very clean.

Room Tip: I travel alone so I had a room right across from the office, no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RNHH
rc2us00, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting such a nice review on tripadvisor. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we appreciate it. We are in the process of further upgrading our rooms to include a desk. We also have a nice breakfast and would like you to try it on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#3 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!