“Great staff!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The first thing that impressed me about this hotel was the friendly staff. They had good recommendations for food and were very friendly. The rooms were a little older, but very comfortable and clean. The pillows were great. Heating was good. There were plenty of towels. Breakfast was good with a lot of choices. I had a full day to kill and they were wonderful, working with me to get a late checkout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Best Western to anyone. Two thumbs up! Friendliest place around!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PAULA B

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my third trip to Mountain View but the first time I needed lodging so I was wondering where to stay. I'm glad to say I choose the BW. This is an older motel with outside entrances to the rooms. However I found the room clean and comfortable. My room contained a table and chairs which I'm grateful for. Many older motels do not. It also contained a microwave and refrigerator. They did provide a breakfast but the seating area was a little small. If you need lodging in MV This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: No elevators so bottom floor is a must.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NovTraveler01
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were in town to visit with family, so didn't spend much time at the hotel except to go to bed, but the bed was FANTASTIC! Our king bed had a memory foam topper that made it feel like I was sleeping on a cloud! Although I didn't spend much time in the bed, the mattress was so comfortable I slept soundly and felt very rested.
The room was clean and provided a fridge and microwave. The room was ample in size. We got the "winter rate" which made it more affordable, but the price was still more than what we would have liked to pay for what we got. That said, the desk clerk and other staff were very friendly, which counts for a lot.
The breakfast space is TINY--only 2 small tables crammed into the small lobby--but a decent continental breakfast was provided. Biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, and the normal assortment of breads, pastries and cereal were available.
There's not much to choose from in Mountain View. On the recommendation of other TripAdvisor reviews we checked out the Dogwood Motel but the room we looked at was VERY dated and the bathroom needed so definite updating. For only $15 more we got a MUCH nicer room at the Fiddler's Inn. The Days Inn was the same price as the Fiddlers, but not nearly as nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki S
Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are not any chain hotels in Mountain View, Ar. This Best Western was clean and had been updated. They did have shampoo, soap, hairdryer, microwave, refrig and flat screen TV. Channel selection is limited. WiFi worked great. Not very conducive to working on computer due to table and chair are for dining, not working. All rooms have outside entrance, which I'm not crazy about, but felt safe there. AC/Heat old, either too hot or too cold. Did not try the breakfast, so can't comment on it. I was told there are nicer places to stay by locals, like B&B and the tree houses. But, this served it's purpose and like I said was very clean.

Room Tip: I travel alone so I had a room right across from the office, no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RNHH
rc2us00, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and posting such a nice review on tripadvisor. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we appreciate it. We are in the process of further upgrading our rooms to include a desk. We also have a nice breakfast and would like you to try it on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I had your average experience at this place. There isn't an elevator but I didn't have much luggage. I don't think there's a breakfast, but they do give you a coupon to the Pizza Inn down the street...which I heard the owners of the hotel own that business as well. The hotel is a little dated but my room was pretty clean. The bed was ok. I would consider staying here again. They did allow an extra hour for check out which is nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Jacob E
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is an older motel, but updated and well kept. We went during a festival, so the price seemed a little high for the property, but I'm guessing this was due to the festival.
The staff was both helpful and friendly. Wireless worked great, great breakfast though area small which was a slight problem with the motel full. The graciously allowed guests to take food to their rooms. More than just bagels and juice!
Everything in great condition and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
rc2us00, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear DB67154, Thank you for your positive posting on trip advisor. The staff at our property work very hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible, and we are glad when it gets appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback makes us strive harder. Please come back and visit us in spring.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were in town for a concert and band was staying there. We had a suite, we found the room very clean as was the office. The motel staff was very helpful. The breakfast was adaquate for us. The rate was reasonable.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tom B. Thanks for the wonderful post on tripadvisor. We are an older property but are constantly upgrading to meet the needs of our guests. We have recently upgraded our Breakfast offering and would love for you to come back and try it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and service. Please come back and bring the whole family. We so enjoy hosting great folks like you!

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!