“Another excellent stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Mountain View B&B and Inns
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
“Another excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was our second stay at Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast and it was just as great as the first time! This time we stayed in the main house in Grandpa's Room which was a beautiful room decorated with photos of Carole's grandfather as well as other antiques. Sitting in the rocking chair looking out at the beautiful fall colors was so relaxing but no matter which building or which room you have, I am sure it will be a wonderful experience! Breakfast was delicious every day and never had the same thing twice! Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lordylan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I loved my stay here. The couple who run the B&B were so friendly and that made all the difference.

The food was excellent. I'm not a huge fan of the communal breakfast, but it was certainly well done and the hosts waited on us hand and foot. There are also drinks and snacks available during the day for guests, which was a nice touch.

I didn't get to explore the property since it was raining all weekend, but it looked like there was plenty to do outside. It's not really walking distance to the main square, but the setting was beautiful.

The room was very comfortable. I got the cat themed room. I'm not really into cats, but it wasn't too over-the-top. I loved, loved, loved the claw foot tub. It was perfect for relaxing on a rainy day.

I would highly recommend this B&B if you want a weekend away from it all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Spent three wonderful nights at Country Oaks and would return in a heartbeat...and will! The rooms are very clean, large and relaxing. The breakfasts were delicious, and Jerry and Carole were wonderful! Their restaurant suggestions as well as activities were right on target, too! Absolutely delightful in every respect!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room. They all have plenty of room, are nicely decorated, and have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock,AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just arrived home after spending 2 days here.
This is a place if your ever in the vicinity of Mountain View you should not miss.
Fantastic place to stay,extremely clean and inviting rooms and comfortable bed,good food and above all the surroundings.
The hosts are very friendly and helpful,food is excellent and the views and house are spectacular.
We will be back in the autumn
Thanks for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: None all the rooms are great,the gardenroom which we were in has a porch and we enjoyed our morning...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arkieLittleRock_AR
Mansfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This was the 3rd time we have stayed at Country Oaks Bed and Breakfast and it was, once again, AWESOME! Folks, this is the place to stay. Very clean rooms, very beautiful gardens to walk in, great fishing lake(catch and release), great food and Jerry and Carole are gracious hosts.
We plan on going back again for our 39th wedding anniversary. This is the "IN" place to stay in all of Stone and Baxter Counties. Thanks, Jerry and Carole, for another memorable stay. We loved it!

Room Tip: Love the Grandma Room in the Carriage House--large and inviting. Also, the other rooms are great als...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dubber72
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I came across Country Oaks B&B by blind luck. It was quite the find. Things I really liked:

The Setting - Surroundings are absolutely beautiful. I was here in early November while the fall foliage was still pretty spectacular. Mountains loom in the immediate vicinity. Trees cover the B&B's expansive grounds. Walking trails abound. There's a small lake in front of the main building with inviting chairs and loungers for chats and relaxation.

The buildings - There's a feeling of roominess and leisure. Two large buildings house various B&B rooms. There are parlors, living rooms, reading rooms. The common areas are large, inviting, and tastefully decorated. I was given Grandma's room. It was large, nicely furnished without going over the top, had a large bathroom with shower. I never had the sense of being crowded or intrusive. The layout is very well planned.

The breakfast - Yum. The morning meal is served at a set time for all guests, providing the opportunity to mingle and share suggestions for the area with other guests. Portions were generous and the servings clean-your-plate good.

Mountain View - This little town has lots of charm and personality. It's a great place to explore, enjoy a meal, take in some music, partake of ice cream pleasures at the old fashioned soda shop.

I'm not particularly big on just sitting around and relaxing while on holiday. However I found Country Oaks to be the perfect place for taking it easy. My why-does-this-have-to-end moment: I had been on a walk along the grounds with one of the resident dogs and returned to the main house. I sat in one of many chairs along the porch and smiled as the lakes' waters glistened in the slight breeze. Marbles the cat jumped up, nestled in my lap, and curled into the nap position. I'm sitting there with a purring cat, entranced by the firey red and brilliant yellow leaves of trees dotting the surrounding mountains. Nothing but me, Marbles, and God's beauty all around us.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BUBear
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We went to Country Oaks B&B for a three night stay and loved it. The Oak room was roomy, well decorated, clean and comfortable. The breakfast were delicious and I loved Jerry's fruit smoothies.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dogwood Motel
Dogwood Motel
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
Wildflower Bed and Breakfast-On the Square

Been to Country Oaks Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!