“WE LOVE THIS PLACE”
Review of Tommy's Famous

Tommy's Famous
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Four Blocks West of Courthouse Square at the corner of West Main (Highway 66) and Famous Place.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have to eat at Tommy's several time while we are in Mt View. It is always SO SO GOOD!!! It was so sad to find out that Mr Tommy had passed away and he was not at the counter when we walked in smiling and welcoming us into his place. So glad his son has kept this place going!!! We will so miss Mr Tommy, may he rest in peace!

1  Thank keesha s

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Some folks have commented that the place is too "dive-y" or even unfriendly. NOT! Sean (the owner now that his father has passed) is just a local with no pretension. He addresses everyone directly as if he's already on a first-name basis. I imagine he can tell you like it is if he doesn't like your attitude, but his default is friendly and welcoming. I appreciate that.
We had the barbecue ribs and the meal was one of the best I've had while traveling. Ribs were really delicious, with wonderful bean and slaw accompaniment. I was satisfied, but not over-done, like I sometimes am with BBQ. We heard the pizza is fabulous, but can't comment.
If you want fake friendliness and absolute mediocre consistency, stay away....but if you're willing to eat local, you CANNOT do better.

4  Thank TomH552014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went on the recommendation of the guy at our pharmacy. Small dining area and self-service drinks, but pizza was great. We tried the BBQ Pizza and enjoyed it.

1  Thank JayneSpears58
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We order from Tommy's at least once a week. LOVE their pizza, LOVE their atmosphere and love the people who work there! Even the cheese pizza is amazing! Make sure you get the cheese and peppers! It makes the meal! I highly recommend Tommy's!

1  Thank Californiagrl75
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in Mountain View this past weekend. We went to Tommy's on the first night there and while I must say it looks like a hole in the wall, the staff was very friendly and the pizza was the best I have ever eaten. I have family in Chicago and eat pizza there every time I visit and I must admit that Tommy's is way better than any I ate in Chicago. We brought our left overs back home with us and it still tasted good.

5  Thank Jenni B