“Don't Miss This in Mountain View”

Ozark Folk Center State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ozark Folk Center is a people place,dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of traditional Ozark Mountain crafts and music.Visitors can see presentations and demonstrations of the Ozark crafts and music, living history enactments and other special events that highlight this lifestyle. Apprentice and workshop programs pass these skills of the Ozark people to a new generation.As you visit the Folk Center, make your first stop the General Store near the parking lot. From here,buses will take you to the top of the Folk Center's hill to the Ozark Folk Center Theater and the Crafts Village. Stay in one of The Cabins and Dry Creek (60 units) The center also offers a restaurant, the Smokehouse in the Craft Village, conference/meeting facilities for groups large and small and specializes in business retreats and family reunions.
Reviewed April 27, 2011

When I visited the craft village at the Folk Center, I was surprised and delighted. I didn't expect so much to be going on - They have all these little buildings where locals, many dressed in old-time clothes, demo how traditional crafts used to be made. I saw candle-making, basket-weaving, blacksmithing, printing (for a newspaper), an herb garden and some others. I was impressed enough by my visit to check out their website where I have read about workshops they offer. I plan to take a workshop sometime in the next couple years.

2  Thank rlaneberg

Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time here. I was fascinated watching dulcimers being hand crafted in a shop and the musical show is great. It was a lot of fun!

Reviewed September 23, 2010

One needs a full day to explore this attraction. You could spend one full day talking to one of the many artists. They are all knowledgable and kind. This is a good location for people of all ages. The music during the day and evening are great.

1  Thank LOL305
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I was afraid my 5 and 7 year old sons would get bored. I was wrong. They loved it as much as I did. I wish we had allocated more time. The staff was wonderful.

2  Thank Tex-traveler-10
Reviewed July 4, 2010

What a neat place. They have classes and events. My favorite was the donkey pulled swing!

1  Thank luvmyminidonks