“good breakfast”

The Skillet Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Skillet Restaurant at the Ozark Folk Center State Park is nestled atop a wooded Ozark hill. Large windows in the glass-enclosed, natural cedar and stone dining room frame the view of the surrounding butterfly garden. Featuring wildlife feeding stations and a water garden, it is frequented by birds, raccoons, foxes, and an occasional bear. While taking in this natural scenery outside, enjoy the tasty Southern country menu, weekend buffets, and numerous Herbal Event Meals designed around recipes by special, guest gourmet foods experts. Our herbal events highlight the use of Fresh Herbs and native plants in their preparation. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and served daily throughout the regular season. During the off-season, the restaurant opens for specific holidays, special events, and groups. Satisfy your hunger for traditional, Southern country fare, accented by enticing contemporary menu items, here at the Skillet Restaurant.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

great venue to see out of doors as you dine. like the use of local art exhibits, delightful venue. We ate breakfast here befor going to the folk center. everyone please with choices.

1  Thank Jo B

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I would have to agree with the other reviews food was okay service was great, view was good warning if you do not like it cold don't sit next to the windows this is the AC vents and it is very cold. We arrived for the lunch buffet which my wife choose and I ordered off the menu. Neither one of us was that impressed at best average food.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the folk center but not the restaurant. The food was not good and it was not hot. I got chicken and dumplings and I couldn't eat them. You would be better off to picnic at the park for a meal.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The food was good but arrived only warm. Service was excellent, but even coffee was just past warm. nice view from restaurant.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were at the Ozarks Center from Thursday night to Sunday and had one meal here. It was very good! I heard other people in our group talk about how good the breakfast buffet was. We got to sit by the window and the beautiful green was very soothing. Waitress took very good care of us without being nosy. Catfish was super and my chicken fry was very good. We ate in our room every day for breakfast and I am sorry we missed the breakfast!