“Not for me”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Phone: 870-269-2008
Description: Phone: 870-269-2008
Reviewed October 22, 2012

There wasn't anything glaringly wrong with this restaurant, but the style of Chinese food served is not what I am used to. The owners are from southern China so the food is prepared in Mandarin Chinese style. We are more used to Cantonese style. I missed the egg foo yung and chow mein two of my favorite Chinese dishes. The dining area was clean and had plenty of room for diners. There were four islands of food, not as much variety as some. There were approximately 24 different prepared dishes in the bins. The last island was devoted entirely to deserts. The broccoli was overcooked on the florets, but the stems were perfect. Most of the food was average to good. I enjoyed the pepper steak which was tender and flavorful and the tempura zucchini which was cooked to perfection. I didn't care for the Lo Mein the noodles were a strange texture and they were a bit sweet for me. I did enjoy the fried cake and the coconut macaroons. The brown layered squares were sweet with a light mocha taste which I enjoyed. I didn't like the looks of the water where they kept the ice-cream scoop so passed that by. No music, but a pleasant atmosphere. Family friendly. The workers were service oriented. They kept up with removing empty plates.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My kids and I eat here often, but only because it's the only Chinese place in town. They have the same thing on the buffet every single day. The happy family and fried rice are very good. The pace is very clean.