“Great time with the family...this is a looooong review!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Sylamore Creek Camp
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I visited for the Fourth of July Weekend this year (My family was there from Mon-Sun, I arrived Thur and left Sun as well). We stayed in our camper on the lower lever by the creek. It was great to have such easy access to the water. To go to the bathroom, we had to trek either up the hill or up the stairs, but that was something I enjoyed doing, believe it or not. Kept me moving! Once in the bathrooms, however, I usually scrunched up my nose...especially at night. The bathrooms usually had a nasty smell (I know it is a bathroom, but it was like a bathroom that was wet AND warm)...it could probably use an update on the stalls and toilet area, as well as the hand-washing area. There were always tons of gnats and other flying insects all over the sink/mirror area and there wasn't any soap until the last day or two. However, the staff was attentive whenever my family alerted them to the situation they found in the bathroom and they took care of it right away (we don't need to go into what they found smeared on the stall walls...) There is a big sign when you enter the campground that says "NO FIREWORKS!! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!" and that pleased us because the last thing we needed was a bunch up people lighting fireworks right by our camper surrounded by trees while my four-year-old sister was catching up on beauty rest...however, we lost faith in the sign on the night of the Fourth of July...we did, however, kind of expect a few...but the people next to us blasted them on through the night and were really quite loud at untimely hours...they did the same the next night, but then one night while the kids were lighting them off at each other the managers both came zooming down the hill and told them to stop and talked to their parents about the rule-breaking. We silently applauded them. On our last night, my twin sister and I took our little sister up to the store to see the animals. The lady behind the counter was so pleasant! She offered to give our little sister a complimentary coloring book and even gave her a free crayon! Since she didn't have any other crayons, I offered to buy her a box of crayons so she would have something to do in the car for the ride home the next day. However, my total was about 96 cents and I didn't have any cash but my debit card and they had a $5 minimum for card purchases. So, the woman told us we could take the crayons and pay her back the next day but I knew I wouldn't be able to make it back in there so we threw in some candy bars and a crystal rock my little sister had been talking about all week. The woman was so nice and felt bad for us having to purchase even more stuff so she even gave my sister a little flash light! She was very hospitable and so kind! My family will be returning there every time we visit Mountain View in the future (which is for sure once every two years for our family reunion!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Courtney A

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The creek and mountain are beautiful and the campground is in a great location. However, they advertise clean bathrooms and they are far from clean. The women's bathroom had gnats all over the sink area and the shower was pretty grimy. We decided to cut our stay short.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank CWelden
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The back stage cabin was clean and comfortable although the jacuzzi tub was no longer in the cabin. The best time to enjoy the front porch is in the morning as the late afternoon sun shines directly on that area. The creek is a great place for relaxation. Our grandkids played there all day.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jebrandon
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I researched Mountain View Ark. on line and found Sylamore creek Campground.Icalled the owner Guy Harris and stated I was bringing my family and wanted someplace Beautiful!W e arrived after darkand Mr.Harris remembered my call and request.He stated he had a cancellation on the lower campground and to let him know in the morning what I thought.It was pitch black but we could hear running water as we fell asleep in the tents.When I unzipped My tent and the children unzipped theirs all eyes were as wide as deers as we found ourselves in a glorious canyon with Sylamore Creek running thru at our feet.I have been to Guy's campground 4 times over the last eleven years and am long over due for a repeat.Itook my children horse back riding which encompassed passing thru the Creek about six times.My oldest son at the time was 15 and he stated "Dad this is the greatest day of my life!I responded I'm havin a pretty good time too!I won't share anymore experiences with you so you can create your own memories with so much to do.Sincerely Aaron Patterson and Family.North of Memphis.

Room Tip: Choose lower campground for Beauty.Mr.harris built all his cabins on site himself.All are top notch...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 days in our travel trailerin June 2012. The campground was great and staff was more then helpful. They were very willing to work,with us for the float trips, biking and hiking. The location is awesome, close to the Sylamore Creek mt. Biking trails,hiking trails, Blanchard springs. The fishing in the White river, Sylamore Creek and Mirror Lake was great. Can't say enough good thing about the campground and Mt. View area, so just Go. Oh and free wireless Internet!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ARWander
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We've camped here with our Boy Scout Troop every June for the last 3 years and it's a nice camp run by nice folks. If you plan to spend time in Mountain View and need a place to camp, this is it. You are only a few minutes from Jo-Jo's Catfish Wharf, Blanchard Springs and downtown Mountain View. There are several cabins in the campground, a few with views of Sylamore Creek off the back porch. Don't know what they're like on the inside. There are two shower houses; one with one shower and another with two showers. The staff in the camp store are friendly and helpful. See ya next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Weve been coming to Sylamore for 13 years and have camped and stayed in the cabins. Every stay has been excellent and our kids ask to go their every year. Scenery and accomodations make it a great time!

• Stayed: October 2011