“The BEST”

Blanchard Springs Caverns
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Took my grandchildren on the two tours of the caverns. Had a great time. Enjoyed the whole experience! This is my 5th or 6th time to visit the caverns and I will be back. Great place to take the grandkids!

1  Thank ARwanderer

Reviewed August 17, 2009

The cavern is maintained by the US Forest Service and the foresters serve as your tour guide. They have more information in their head than they can tell you in the allotted time.

The Discovery Tour is the history of the cave exploration, the routes they took, what they found, and entertaining anecdotes. Wear super comfy shoes for stair climbing. You get time to rest in between the climbs. The formations you see are so large and beautiful that your brain cannot believe your eyes.

If you have younger children or more into the lit up fantasy land look or cannot climb stairs, take the shorter walking tour.

Super nice was when some tiny tots became a little cranky and made it difficult to hear the guide. The secondary guide watching the rear of the line, took the Moms out of the cavern space we were in, and brought them back to the tour after the little one's had been comforted. It was done courteously and with consideration for the young ones, the Moms, and the audience.

1  Thank a_dragonfly
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This cave is so beautiful! I love visiting caves and this one is one of my favorites! We went here with my parents and my father uses a powered scooter style chair and he was able to see the whole tour, which I think is just fabulous! There were a couple of slick spots that my husband had to help him with because his tires would spin, and there were a couple of spots that were really steep for a chair that we helped with, but nothing strenous or overwhelming.

If you keep going on the road before you turn to go into the cave, you'll come out down by the waterfall. This is the best place for pictures!! It's so cool and comfy down there and your right smack in the middle of nature! We love going to visit the spring!

2  Thank southernqueen20
Reviewed July 28, 2009

If you are going to visit just one cave (even though this is called a cavern whice is a better description) then this is the one to see. We took the shorter of the trail tours whice suited us just fine. We also went to the spring, where the water runs out of the cavern, wonderful photo opt it's another part of the park that is a must see. If you don't like closed in spaces, I don't think (once you step off the elevator) you'll have an issue, it's huge.

1  Thank wallflowerone
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This was a really nice caveran! The price is a little steep, but the cave is beautiful. The trip to the caveran is a beautiful drive as well! Make sure once you are done touring the cave you take the short drive to Blanchard Springs.

1  Thank Serendipity5963