“Always stunning!”

Blanchard Springs Caverns
Reviewed July 26, 2014

After just visiting the caverns last year with our grandsons, my husband and I decided to take them again this year. I figured -- I'd seen it last year, I probably wouldn't be as impressed just a year later. But I was just as blown away with the beauty of the Dripstone Trail as I was the first time I visited many years ago. The cave is spectacular. The grandsons enjoyed it even more this year. Take time to visit the springs and the mirror lake!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Our family took a tour and we all absolutely loved it!! It's beautiful!! Our kids are 10 and 7 years old and they had a blast!! Our guide, Dale was awesome!! Would definatley see again if ever in the area!

1  Thank Mechelle2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My daughter, grandkids, and I did two different tours. Both tours start with an elevator ride 200 feet down. Daughter and 11 year old grand-daughter took the Dripstone Tour. It was 1 hour long with 50 stairs (ramps also offered) - they said the formations and tour was wonderful. My 16 year old grandson and I took the Discovery Tour. It was 1 1/2 hours, has 700 stairs, and you walk through 6 caverns. I loved the water streams, formations, and history of the caves. These caverns are managed by the US Forest Service. The admission is cheap - $10 for adults and $5 for kids. The only problem is their tour schedule is flexible and NOT posted on their web-site. Caverns are 15 miles outside of Mountain View, AR. Inside temperature of cave is 58 degrees.

1  Thank Grannylois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very nice show cave with a huge amount of pretty formations in great condition. We did the Dripstone tour, which is an easy walk that took about an hour. We had a great tour guide. It was fun and educational for all the family. We had a ten year old and she loved it too. The whole place is well run and clean. After the cave tour be sure to visit Blanchard Springs and walk some of the nature trails. It's a real nice area, close to Mountain View, AR.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family drove a bit out of our way to get to this cave but we were glad we did. The cave is amazing. We took the shorter tour because of time, but would've enjoyed the longer tour and possibly seeing bats. Kids were thankful of the variety it gave our trip.