“Good food”
Review of Anglers Restaurant

Anglers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Good food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went there twice in two days. Good food, friendly staff. I had burger and the chicken parmesan; both were pretty good. Nice view of the river.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank leonisse

Fort Smith, Arkansas,USA
“Wonderful view and outdoor dining area.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Anglers' is the only restaurant serving beer or alcohol in a dry county near Mt. View. (or the only one we've found). They have a membership program. Draft beer was very cold. Loved the grilled trout, catfish was good, hushpuppies disappointing.Slaw good, beans ok, salad bar or side salad was very good with homemade dressing. Breakfast there was good. Had a chopped sirloin (12 oz) at lunch one day, split it with spouse and it was exceptionally tasty meat, cooked perfectly with baked potato.

1 Thank SWRVS
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
“just ok”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant is in a great location with wonderful views. We were a family of 4 and 3 of us had the catfish plate while my husband got a burger. The catfish were 3 tiny fillets(medium plate) and were overcooked. Luckily it came with slaw(tasty), brown beans(mediocre), and choice of side(I had a baked potatoe). It also came with a small side of green tomatoe pickles which were very good. My husbands burger was big and he said it was good but not great. We ordered fried pickels for an appetizer and it came out with the meal(huge pet peeve of mine). It is NOT an appetizer if it comers out WITH your dinner. They need to offer a slightly bigger portion of fish and be careful not to overcook-I've had better fish at Shoneys and that's not an exaggeration. I would be willing to give it another try.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dana S
“Atmosphere better than the food.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of 9 and the service was very slow. Waitress was decent no real problems with her. I had the trout. It was pretty good although it was a little over cooked. Portion of fish was decent, but the sides left a lot to be desired. My wife ordered one of the burgers. It come out looking awesome but was cold and raw in the center. Most every one else seem to be ok with what they had ordered. I wouldnt rule out a future visit with this being my first visit. Just expected better. Place has great atmosphere although the music was a little to loud to have any decent conversation. Should have ate out on the deck over looking the river. May hit it again down the road, just not anytime soon.

Mountain View, Arkansas
“good food is worth the wait”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had dinner out on the deck it was perfect. The river view added to the pleasure of dinning out. Our waitress did a very good job. the food was very good, my hamb. had that wonderful charcoal taste, My husband loves the cat fish. We split a slice of cake, yummy. It was nice to have a glass of wine with our meal. This is our favorite place to eat and we alway bring our visitors to dine when in town. The wait for food is worth it, it is all cooked to order, not just sitting on a steam table all night.