“just ok”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant is in a great location with wonderful views. We were a family of 4 and 3 of us had the catfish plate while my husband got a burger. The catfish were 3 tiny fillets(medium plate) and were overcooked. Luckily it came with slaw(tasty), brown beans(mediocre), and choice of side(I had a baked potatoe). It also came with a small side of green tomatoe pickles which were very good. My husbands burger was big and he said it was good but not great. We ordered fried pickels for an appetizer and it came out with the meal(huge pet peeve of mine). It is NOT an appetizer if it comers out WITH your dinner. They need to offer a slightly bigger portion of fish and be careful not to overcook-I've had better fish at Shoneys and that's not an exaggeration. I would be willing to give it another try.

1  Thank Dana S

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of 9 and the service was very slow. Waitress was decent no real problems with her. I had the trout. It was pretty good although it was a little over cooked. Portion of fish was decent, but the sides left a lot to be desired. My wife ordered one of the burgers. It come out looking awesome but was cold and raw in the center. Most every one else seem to be ok with what they had ordered. I wouldnt rule out a future visit with this being my first visit. Just expected better. Place has great atmosphere although the music was a little to loud to have any decent conversation. Should have ate out on the deck over looking the river. May hit it again down the road, just not anytime soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had dinner out on the deck it was perfect. The river view added to the pleasure of dinning out. Our waitress did a very good job. the food was very good, my hamb. had that wonderful charcoal taste, My husband loves the cat fish. We split a slice of cake, yummy. It was nice to have a glass of wine with our meal. This is our favorite place to eat and we alway bring our visitors to dine when in town. The wait for food is worth it, it is all cooked to order, not just sitting on a steam table all night.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Four of us went at noon on a Wednesday. It was not crowded. Took over an hour to get our food. My hamburger was very dry. Watch out for the onion straws, they are loaded with black pepper. French fries(waffle ones) soggy. Would never go back.

2  Thank ARTravelinsue
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have had a variety of food at Anglers and all of it is excellent. The Swiss Mushroom Burger is juicy, delicious a generous portion. Their waffle fries top off the meal or you can get another side. The mushrooms were real mushrooms. Overall the flavor was great.