“Nice rooms....weekend staff left alot to be desired.”
Review of Pinewood Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Pinewood Cabins
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had never been to Mt View so I used trip advisor to decide where to stay ..everyone seemed to be very happy with Pinewood. I emailed them to check cabin availability...did not get a response...I email again, this time through their website...again no answer...I called, no answer, message said they were open 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. called 3 times left a voice message during office hours...again..no answer. called again next day FINALLY I got a person...explained I had had a hard time reaching them and how many times I had attempted to contact them...the woman on the phone became rather rude stating she never recieved my email, when I asked about the message left on website she said she didnt check website and that they had been really busy. I should have said thank you and hung up there, but based on other reviews I decided to take a chance on the "only room they had available". I asked if I needed to be there by a certain time was told they had self check in. We arrived 2 hours before their closing time...found everything locked up tight as a drum..a man standing outside asked me if I worked there, when I explained I was also a guest picking up my key he said "oh was hoping you were the lady that was suppose to bring me the towels I have been waiting for.". We get to our room and it is nice, clean and comfortable, we tried to log in to the free wifi, and though we could connect to the hotels wifi...the hotel was not connected to the internet...tried to call but no answer (not surprised) Next morning called about wifi ...was given a wide range of excuses as to why it didnt work..they gave me some tips to try to get it to work, still no luck...we stopped by the office and my husband explained they probably just need to reset their modem was told their computer guy didnt work on Sun but they would left him know. Not once with either the initial lack of communication or with the wifi was their any apology for the inconvience. Also...as far as we could tell their were plenty of rooms unoccupied both nights yet the sign said no vacancy both nights. I will return to Mt View however we found while we were there that their is quite a few nice places to stay in the area..so it is not the only place in town.. and the ladies that were in the office when I checked out on Monday were very pleasant...not at all like the person I delt with over the weekend. If you decide to stay here I hope you have better service than we did...other travelers seem to love them..but we will stay somewhere else next time. My family owned a resteraunt for many yrs and good customer service is important to me..my experience with that was lacking at Pinewood.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank celticscott

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in cabin 31 and had a wonderul view of the mountains! The cabin has a full kitchen along with dishes, pots and pans, as well as dish towels and dish soap. It is very roomy! It has a small kitchen table with two chairs, a couch that folds out in to a bed, a recliner, a glider rocker, a queen size bed, a BIG jacuzzi bath tub, and an awesome shower. The front porch has a swing and two rocking chairs. Overall, it was a wonderful place and I look forward to going back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank CarlaSueBabe
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We dropped in without a reservation and were fortunate enough to find one last room in the hotel section for one night. The room was fantastic. Everything was very clean, and the price was great for all the amenities (mini-kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee pot, cups, bowls, utensils). Our room featured a small livingroom with 2 recliners and a TV w/remote, and a back bedroom with a comfortable king sized bed, also with a TV w/remote. The place is country-themed. The only con was that there was 1 window unit air conditioner that was in the livingroom, so the bedroom stayed warmer as the air had to reach there to cool the bedroom. Although this wasn't a problem for us in early May, I can see where it could be a problem in the hot, humid August summers of Arkansas.
You should also know that most of the rooms/cabins are off the square (within a block or 2 of the courthouse) rather than ON the square, so are walking distance for most. I can highly recommend the Pinewood Cabins and will go back.

Room Tip: Make reservations way in advance if you desire a specific location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GeeH_11
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Dropped in with 2 relatives on the spur of the moment. Stayed in a room in the "motel" type section, as we were only staying one night. They are non smoking. But, they have a nice covered porch for the one of us that smokes. Very spacious! 2 queens that were extremely comfortable. Very clean. Full kitchen was nicely equipped. Loved the setup with the bath. It was great! Loved the recliner, as I took my knitting. I'll be back. Next time, I'll try out one of their really cute cabins.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kibby
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Spacious bathroom, 2 comfortable beds, new, separate room with couch, lounger, table, & kitchenette. Very clean and comfortable and in walking distance of the Square for picking and grinning. Each unit is uniquely decorated with pine panelling on walls and ceilings. Reasonable price for the quality.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the "ON THE SQUARE" section if you are walking up town to play.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L_J_M13
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We traveled with friends and didn't make our own reservations and the room rates were less than expected so I was a little apprehensive but.. wow! We were so pleased with our room. Our whole group loved their rooms too. My husband and I have stayed in hotels all across the US and this was the CLEANEST room we've ever stayed in. I always take disinfectant wipes with me when I travel and wipe down everything. I found nothing dirty.. really! We thought we had a brand new room and were surprised to discover it was 10 years old.

The owners are wonderful, the location is great (it's right next to the square where bluegrass musicians come to play in the evening), and it's minutes from the Ozark Folk Center. The rates were very reasonable. Of all the places I've stayed in the Mtn View area, this is by far my favorite. We will be staying there on all our future trips. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stay there every time we go to MT View. They are very nice and everything is great there!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Mountain View
Dogwood Motel
Dogwood Motel
#3 of 6 in Mountain View

Been to Pinewood Cabins? Share your experiences!