“Super lean, comfortable, affordable”
Review of Pinewood Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
Pinewood Cabins
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We dropped in without a reservation and were fortunate enough to find one last room in the hotel section for one night. The room was fantastic. Everything was very clean, and the price was great for all the amenities (mini-kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee pot, cups, bowls, utensils). Our room featured a small livingroom with 2 recliners and a TV w/remote, and a back bedroom with a comfortable king sized bed, also with a TV w/remote. The place is country-themed. The only con was that there was 1 window unit air conditioner that was in the livingroom, so the bedroom stayed warmer as the air had to reach there to cool the bedroom. Although this wasn't a problem for us in early May, I can see where it could be a problem in the hot, humid August summers of Arkansas.
You should also know that most of the rooms/cabins are off the square (within a block or 2 of the courthouse) rather than ON the square, so are walking distance for most. I can highly recommend the Pinewood Cabins and will go back.

Room Tip: Make reservations way in advance if you desire a specific location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GeeH_11

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Dropped in with 2 relatives on the spur of the moment. Stayed in a room in the "motel" type section, as we were only staying one night. They are non smoking. But, they have a nice covered porch for the one of us that smokes. Very spacious! 2 queens that were extremely comfortable. Very clean. Full kitchen was nicely equipped. Loved the setup with the bath. It was great! Loved the recliner, as I took my knitting. I'll be back. Next time, I'll try out one of their really cute cabins.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kibby
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Spacious bathroom, 2 comfortable beds, new, separate room with couch, lounger, table, & kitchenette. Very clean and comfortable and in walking distance of the Square for picking and grinning. Each unit is uniquely decorated with pine panelling on walls and ceilings. Reasonable price for the quality.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the "ON THE SQUARE" section if you are walking up town to play.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank L_J_M13
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We traveled with friends and didn't make our own reservations and the room rates were less than expected so I was a little apprehensive but.. wow! We were so pleased with our room. Our whole group loved their rooms too. My husband and I have stayed in hotels all across the US and this was the CLEANEST room we've ever stayed in. I always take disinfectant wipes with me when I travel and wipe down everything. I found nothing dirty.. really! We thought we had a brand new room and were surprised to discover it was 10 years old.

The owners are wonderful, the location is great (it's right next to the square where bluegrass musicians come to play in the evening), and it's minutes from the Ozark Folk Center. The rates were very reasonable. Of all the places I've stayed in the Mtn View area, this is by far my favorite. We will be staying there on all our future trips. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stay there every time we go to MT View. They are very nice and everything is great there!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nell1550
Reviewed October 14, 2010

It had been 20 years since our last visit to Mountain View. Made reservations for cabin # 16 sight unseen. We were not disappointed. We are both allergy people and it is important not to have strange odors/cigarette smoke where we stay. This cabin was the cleanest most odor-free place that we have ever stayed. It is rustic, old charm decorated, but we were most impressed with the cleanliness and comfortable furniture and bed....It was peaceful, quiet, just a block (up hill) to the town square. We are not mountain music fans but love antiquing/junking and Mountain View did not disappoint.
Lots of shops, good food, and rest. You can grab a good book and hit the swing on the front porch if you chose. Great place to stay, convenient for walking around town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We have stayed at Pinewood Cabins for the last ten years when we made our first visit to Mountain View. In our opinion, it is the ONLY place to stay and our favorite in the entire U.S. Each accomodation is uniquely and tastefully decorated, clean and very fairly priced. The owner and staff couldn't be nicer.

Add this to the wonderful music in many different venues including the town square, plus the Ozark Folk Center State Park and outdoor activities and we feel it should be a #1 place to visit on everyone's list!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 6 in Mountain View
River Valley Rentals
River Valley Rentals
#2 of 11 in Mountain View

Been to Pinewood Cabins? Share your experiences!