We visited this place almost by chance because we were looking for something to do while visiting Cuernavaca on our way to Acapulco, and we could not have been more pleased with the experience.
With some hesitation about spending a day in a park that has nothing but plants (we have small children 5 and 9), we bit the bullet, paid the admission fees, and hoped for the best. However after passing through the gates, we were all overwhelmed by the beauty of the meticulously maintained gardens, the serenity of the setting, and the cleanliness of the park. There are probably 6 or 7 gardens in the park, each with its own theme and each more impressive than the last. We loved the Italian and Japanese gardens, and the kids exploration area. We ended up spending around 7 hours there, and everyone from youngest to oldest left extremely happy.
So if you are in the area and in need of relaxation and inspiration, I highly recommend a visit to the Jardines de Mexico park.. here are some tips that may be helpful:
1. Bring a hat, dress in shorts and t-shirt, wear walking shoes, and wear sunscreen.. the sun and heat can be intense and the place is huge.
2. You can pay extra to take the trolley tour, but we found that walking the park at our own speed was a big part of the experience.
3. Download a plant reference app to enhance your vieweing
4. If you have kids they should bring a change of clothing for the spash park
5. Try every flavor of the frozen fruit bars they have around the park - my favorite was passion fruit, followed by coconut!
6. Buy some water bottles at the entrance to stay hydrated
7. Bring earbuds to listen to music, and maybe reading material if you plan to take breaks during your walk.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.