Oualie Beach Resort
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club(New Castle)
$302
Hyatt.com
$425
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Golden Rock Inn(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
$168
$163
Montpelier Plantation & Beach(Charlestown)(Great Value!)
$455
$150
Travelocity
Timothy Beach Resort(Frigate Bay)(Great Value!)
$163
$135
Sugar Bay Club(Frigate Bay)
$150
$120
Hotels.com
$169
$144
All reviewslaid backtuesday nightst kittsblues festivalchef garytin tinsand fliesfour poster bedwater taxicleaned dailylobsterisland lifeair conditionercaribbean experiencethe cottagestrue caribbeantaxi driver
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a really good 3 star hotel: gorgeous location, slightly scruffy, laid back, pretty cottage rooms, friendly cats, just steps from the sea, fantastic views, good food, good staff, bathroom door that didn't close properly, generous coffee allowance in the room, fridge with small freezer, lovely screened porch, jetty on site for water taxi transfers.
We found the place utterly charming and hope to return someday. It's not perfect, but that's part of the charm. Loved it! I would give it 4.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chobhamlass
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Oualie Beach Resort is one of my favorite places on the face of the Earth! WOnderful rooms and fantastic staff. I was married ton their beach and they helped me line up EVERYTHING! I can't recommend this place enough...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marsha C
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We just returned from a nice stay on Nevis. We stayed at Oualie Beach Resort to be on the quiet swimmable beach.
There is nothing wrong with this resort if you expect a 3 star resort. The staff is nice, the rooms tidy and housekeeping was fine. AC issue was repaired promptly. The furniture is pretty battered. The king-size bed was comfortable but obviously not a Hyatt quality mattress and bedding. Pillows were marginal and the sheets were acceptable. Towels were newer thick white towels for bath and nice heavy oversize beach towels were provided daily. Toiletries consisted of soap and a conditioning shampoo so make sure you bring whatever you need other than that.
Free ice is available at the bar whenever you need it.

The hot water is solar provided so plan on showering in the afternoon. We had a couple instances where we could not get above tepid water. Not a deal killer, more of a minor inconvenience.
The screened in porch was nice and the bathroom was spacious. Shower, no tub but again this is not a luxury resort.

The beach is 'natural' and sand area fairly narrow. Pinney Beach and Nisbet are much nicer. There is seaweed in the water especially at the north end of Oualie--stay closer to the restaurant to avoid this. There were plenty of loungers all along the beach.

The restaurant food was good simple fare and very reasonably priced. Burgers and sandwiches were around $10-14 and we had a standard 2 egg breakfast for $9. Dinners were a la carte and we paid $10 for fish entree plus $4 for a large salad---we felt it was really inexpensive. It's not a resort where I would do all-inclusive but they do offer 3 meals a day for $75 per person. Probably not a bad deal if you are not a foodie and don't want to rent a car or try other restaurants.

Be aware that this resort is "green" and charges a $7.70 per day Go Green charge. I'm all for going green but it seemed at odds with the giant stack of styrofoam cups left in the room for the coffee maker. I think washable mugs would have been more appropriate and not ended up in the garbage.

It was convenient landing at the dock at the resort and having the Scuba Safaris right next door if you want to dive or snorkel.

All in all--not a bad resort. After seeing the other properties available on Nevis I would carefully review the overall pricing before choosing a resort. By the time we added transfers (included at many resorts) and the Go Green fee Oualie was not such a bargain.
Additionally--other resorts may offer extras such as resort credits or free laundry service (Nisbet Plantation) and also have swimming pools, tennis courts or other features.

If you are happy paying the Oualie price for a 3 star resort then this is the right resort for you.
I personally feel it is not a good value for the quality and would pay slightly more for a much, much nicer resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EJS35
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I spent two glorious nights here with my husband and two small children, ages two and three. Everything about this place is wonderful! The price was fantastic, as was the beach and restaurant. We stayed in one of the two queen bed cottages directly on the beach. It was awesome sitting on the front screened in porch looking at the water. This place seems to have one of the best and most calm beaches on the island. When Friday night arrived, all the locals came here to hang out and let their children swim. They had live music on Friday night and it was spectacular. We took a cab into town and got some of that delicious local barbecue while we were here. The one thing that I would have found helpful is to probably have some sort of scooter or rental car while you stay here because there's not really anywhere that's within walking distance if you have children with you. The cab to and from the ferry terminal was $15 each way, plus we took a cab to get the BBQ, so this adds up pretty quick. I found the restaurant to be really nice. It is a nice touch how they really go all out with the white table cloths at night! The lanterns and ambiance are really romantic. I would highly recommend this place!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bextel
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have been going to Nevis for 20 years and while we have stayed at the resort several times, we eat at the restaurant several times every visit and spend afternoons at the beach after lunch. The resort feels like the authentic Caribbean to us. It is not spiffy like the 4 Seasons but it has a feel of Nevis that we love. The food is varied, fresh and well prepared. The staff, especially Marcie and Michelle, is friendly and engaging. The fish tacos are the best I have eaten. The bar is friendly and is a center for the resort and the surrounding community. I couldn't imagine being in Nevis without spending a good part of our time at Oualie.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family