Oualie Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Golden Rock Inn(Charlestown)
View Hotel
All reviewslaid backtuesday nightst kittsblues festivalchef garytin tinsand fliesfour poster bedwater taxicleaned dailylobsterisland lifeair conditionercaribbean experiencethe cottagestrue caribbeantaxi driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Little cottages right on the beach, short stroll to the bar/restaurant. A favorite beach for tourists, students and locals. Very casual, peaceful and serene. For the fiscally minded traveler, this is a good place to stay to be on the water and enjoy the natural beauty of the caribbean. Perfect for couples or young families.
However, hotel is in serious need of updating…bed's were older, husband had back problems as mattress was too soft for him. He was seriously considering sleeping on the tile floor, but managed to survive. Furniture, linens, bathroom…all 1970's. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. For the easy going, adventurous traveler… a slice of heaven.

Room Tip: Ocean View Cottage right on the beach with VIEWs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank howgooditis
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I had an unfortunate mishap with our rental car. We were stranded in an isolated area in the mountains in the dark. We called the hotel and Stacy took care of everything! She called the rental car company to come take care of the car, called someone to come pick us up, and even called someone she knew in the area to wait with us until our ride arrived. When we got back to the hotel, we shared a good laugh, and then she brought dinner up to our room since we had missed our reservation at another restaurant. Everyone on the island (but especially Stacy) has been so friendly and helpful-- we loved our trip!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank farleyhe
Reviewed April 21, 2011

After doing the large all-inclusive thing about 10 times, my wife and I were ready for a change. Boy, did we get it. Nevis is beautiful. Oualie Beach is so quiet. The resort was very nice. My only kick is that the place needs a little TLC. Our room was comfortable, the bed nice. So close to the beach. But the buildings inside and out could use a coat of paint. Otherwise, this place is great.

The food was very good. I loved the fish tacos at lunch, eaten in the shade one day. Grilled mahi-mahi for dinner one night. Caribs in the bar. Staff could be reserved, but quick with a smile and friendly.

We were part of a 35 person group down to scuba dive for the week. Scuba Nevis was a great dive operator. Ellis and his guys took very good care of us and the diving was excellent.

Nevis is a small island. It takes about an hour to drive around the island, doing 20-25 mph. There's no hurry to get anywhere. We toured around, walked some old sugar plantation ruins. Walked a couple of other beaches. Had lunch at Sunshine's on Pinney's Beach. But we kept wanting to be back at our beach, where there were no crowds and the sunsets unbelievable. One day I took a picture of the beach because there were 6 other people on the beach, the most we'd seen in a couple days. It was like having your own private beach.

If you are looking for a super relaxing week, no crowds, no tourists, this is the place. We would go back in a heartbeat, but there are other adventures awaiting us out there.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bennetthdsrick
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I found this place to be lovely. It's low key and an easy place to hang out, with diversions not far - if you want to rent a bike, go for a walk, or take a boat ride. Me, I loved the swimming...nice sandy beach with no boats to bother me. The rooms/cottages were really nice, with comfortable beds, nice showers, and lovely porches with views. The food in the restaurant was tasty. I don't believe I will go to Nevis again, but if I did, this would be the place I returned to

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank anonymous3685
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I searched 9 islands and read every hotel review on every island before I picked Oualie. After a lovely woman, Stacy, helped us pick a room that fit our needs perfectly, we ran into a little trouble with booking a flight (high season). She sent me an email with different flight options to help out. Even the owner offered to help with alternatives. Can you imagine? If they are this helpful and we have not even set foot on the island... I know we made the right choice (It's green too!).

After years of reading Trip Advisor, this is the first time I have been moved to write a review. Thanks - Oualie Staff for making us feel welcome and well taken care of.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple