“A Romantic, Peaceful Getaway!”

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
Tampa, Florida
“A Romantic, Peaceful Getaway!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a relaxing Caribbean vacation and found it in Nevis at Nisbet Plantation. Because we went in the off season, not many people were there. It was like we had the whole place to ourselves! We were greeted with cocktails at check in. Guests stay in cottages of various sizes. We had a junior suite that was large with a balcony overlooking the ocean. There was a constant breeze so we never really felt the heat from the strong sun. The property was very peaceful. Mostly couples were staying at Nisbet. Other reviewers have complained about the walk to the cottages, but we enjoyed the beautiful walk on The Avenue of Palms. The pool was a good size and very quiet. We were often the only people there! Lunch on the beach was always a treat. Dinners at The Great House were good as were the breakfasts. We attended the beach party on Thursday and enjoyed visiting with other guests before dinner.
The staff at Nisbet was friendly and accommodating.
This trip was the ultimate in tranquility. It's perfect if you want to escape from it all!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heidi G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Today is our last day at Nevis and we are sorry to leave. The people are just too nice (big hug to Roslyn and Angella - you are the best!) and the dinner at the Great House is just divine. You can read our other reviews, we are not the easiest to please, but Nisbet delivers satisfaction. For starters, you should definitely get the meal plan - both breakfast and dinner are delicious (it is also a bit inconvenient to go outside the hotel). Everyday there is a special for breakfast, but if you want to do a little menu of your own, there are quite a few choices. And dinner...... Dinner is a different matter all together. The menu changes everyday and the food just keeps getting better. Our room was Jessup and we think it has the best location. Beach was very nice but quite windy - at the end of the day one feels a bit shaken. We recommend you rent a car for one day; the island is small, the reception staff are very helpful for car rental and info on where to go.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank I-B_MUNGAN
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We thought we had been everywhere and stayed in all the best hotels...and I was certain that I hated beach holidays..I was wrong. Ten best days I've had since I can remember.

The Nisbet Plantation is a one off...a 'neo - boutique hotel'. We turned up on the island and received very individual service that rivaled that of big brand places such as Raffles, the Peninsular, or the Al-Bustan and made them all seem a bit 'flash' by comparison.

Nisbet's 'wow' factor is the walk up from its white sand beach through an avenue of palms to the plantation's great-house and the view of Nevis Peak a few miles beyond....for a few days we fell off the ends of the earth in a way that I cannot imagine us doing anywhere else...The Nisbet is the only place that we will go out of our way to get back to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graem C
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Before I started to write my review, I read what other guests had written once again. Having experienced it myself now, it made me smile as I read them all. This is the most amazing place we've ever visited. We never go to the same place twice, but we will certainly come back to Nisbet. The staff, everyone from Steve and Patterson down to the groundskeepers, were over-the-top friendly. I have never experienced such genuine kindness from staff members. Every morning, Angela and Violet would greet my family at breakfast, by name, and would visit with us. It truly was our pleasure getting to know these lovely ladies! The evening meals at Nisbet were absolutely delicious. We enjoyed every single one of them. Roslyn served us our dinner each evening. She was so sweet to us all. ~ We traveled as a family: my husband, myself, and our two kids aged 18 and 20. Our kids loved it as much as we did. Nisbet is something you must experience. Words cannot describe it. It's such a small resort you truly get to know the wonderful people there. After four or five days on vacation, I'm usually ready to head home...but not this time. I didn't want to leave. It felt like we were leaving family. ~ We've been to several islands in the Caribbean, and to Nevis once before, and this was our favorite and best experience by far. I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Our cottage was a two room/single story. It was perfect for our family of four.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ginger R
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our second visit to the Nisbet Plantation. Two whole weeks of sheer joy, relaxation and amazing service. All of the staff were just wonderful and I would like to pick out one member of staff in particular. Violet, is one of the F&B Supervisors and was on duty for most of our stay. Her hosting skills are way beyond expectations and her manner is as warm as the sunshine on this idyllic island! Bravo, we'll be back for sure..

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe Garden Suite, which was extremely comfortable and has the facility of a separa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iain H
UK
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Excellent break, made more special by thoughtful and friendly staff. Not an identikit hotel, the slightly quaint accomodation was part of the charm. Food consistently good and the beach barbecue with the locals was great fun. Wouldnt hesitate to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 408Sue
Boston
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was our second trip to Nisbet, and it was even better than the first. Everyone welcomed us like old friends. It was our anniversary, and they created a special menu for us to keep. All our stress melted away at wonderful Nisbet! Everyone was wonderful, but we would like to especially thank Joelle for always remembering our drinks and Violet--for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Paradise Beach Nevis
Paradise Beach Nevis
#4 of 7 in Nevis

Been to Nisbet Plantation Beach Club? Share your experiences!