“honeymooners dream!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
Orlando, Florida
“honeymooners dream!!!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Let me just say that even tho it has taken forever for me to write a review, I have not stopped telling people about the most wonderful honeymoon my husband and I had. First of all, my hubby and I are from Florida...I grew up on the panhandle in which I consider some of the nicest beaches in the world....and I had a VERY hard time finding a honeymoon spot that could top some of the panhandle area....BUT, what we found is now our favorite place in the world! We stayed at Nisbet in May of this year for 8 days. It was just beyond words and by the end of our trip we wanted to MOVE there! We had a rough travel getting there, due to our airline and delays, but as soon as we stepped foot on the property at Nisbet, it was like a sweet ambiance took over and peace fell upon us. As you walk down the palm tree lined plantation to your room, you are taken back to another place in time. I felt like I was in a movie or something or in the 1950's, staying at a place where only the rich and famous could go. You want ROMANTIC...YOU GOT IT! The cottages are amazing...we stayed in the Hamilton room facing the ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking. From the moment we arrived the staff blew our minds. We have never been treated with such respect, kindness and overall friendliness ANYWHERE. Honestly, within the first hour the staff new us by name. We were so tired when we arrived that we asked if dinner could be brought to our room instead of us getting dressed and going to dinner in the Great House. They kindly obliged and Roslyn brought our dinner to our door. This woman....she is just beyond words herself. So cute as she called to our door in her Nevis accent, "Jackleeeen, Micool, your dinner is ready. We were blown away. The food was out of this world good. DEFINITELY eat at the great house at night. You will NOT be disappointed! Being in the greathouse sitting on the patio eating dinner takes you back to another place in time just itself. Oh...and the rooms....EXTREMELY clean. This staff takes pride in what they do. The bathroom, the bedsheets, everything, every day was cleaned and was spotless. I was seriously impressed!

The beauty of Nevis is stunning. It's peaceful, it's quiet and undisturbed. If you are looking for a high entertainment honeymoon or vacation, this is not the place for you....BUT, if you are looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of your life and be alone with your honey, this is the place to get away from it all! Your room has no tv and no radio (we brought a radio tho), but it really is a great thing...especially on a honeymoon. It really allows you to just relax and be there with your significant other without the disturbance of "entertainment". We went horseback riding and snorkeling and do take a cab with T.C. and do a tour of the island...she is HILARIOUS! Overall, we could NOT have picked a better place to stay and my husband and I can't wait until the day we get to return to the friendliest place on Earth. Forget Disney World...we LIVE here! Nevis and Nisbet Plantation blow the doors off of "Disney Friendly." Going to Nisbet is not a vacation, it's a visitation. =) You get welcomed into a family who makes you feel special just for being there and their kindness is genuine.

PS. There are NO CLOCKS in your ROOM! Go to NISBET, FORGET TIME! It's the BEST!

OH...and YOU MUST MUST TRY the best fruit EVER...SOURSOP!

SAVING AND PLANNING FOR OUR NEXT VISIT!!

the newlyweds,
Michael & Jaclyn

• Liked — The Staff was the friendliest EVER. Our rooms were always clean and the food was amazing. The entire resort was peaceful. It was like escaping reality for the week. It's beautiful, quaint and really worth going to again and again and again.
  • Disliked — I can't say one negative thing about Nisbet.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
21 Thank BeachDawg97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Leicester England
Reviewed November 13, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Nisbet for a week in late October and I can honestly say that the experience was just awesome.We are very experienced Caribbean travellers and can truthfully say that Nisbet and Nevis itself were just wonderful and far exceeded other destinations we've visited.
With lovely well kept grounds and a great beach(not great for swimmimg though) with a lovely pool .Our Superior room was lovely with a large comfortable bed and a good size shower room.The fridge being well stocked with soft drinks and beers(restocked daily)and priced pretty reasonably(especially with current £ vs $ exchange rate) ie bottle of beer $4 same price as in the main bar.
The staff one and all were just great and it would very unfair to single out any in particular as all were exceptional in their own right.The only exception to this being the Managers who were hardly ever seen and even arrived late for the Managers Cocktail
Reception before the Thurday night beach barbeque.
Regarding the weather we had a few showers(mainly evenings) but this is the Caribbean and did not stop us totally enjoying our stay and getting around the island and also a ferry trip to St Kitts which is nowhere near as beautiful as Nevis.
All in all a wonderful holiday and if we hadn't already booked for St Lucia in February we would definitely be back at Nisbet

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank keefw
Okehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We arrived at Nisbet on 13th October as the second part of a two centre holiday, having spent the first week at Ottleys plantation in St Kitts (see separate review).

This turned out to be an ideal combination and in the correct order as Ottleys was scenic, not beachfront, quiet, although excellent, and Nisbet was beachfront and livelier.

We had a deluxe/superior room, which had a separate sitting room, though I have to say we never used it as it was too warm, with the air con only covering the bedroom.

The beach was lovely and allowed us to walk quite a way along it , which we like doing, but I have to say it was not a good swimming beach. There is a lot of seaweed and broken off coral in the water, its rocky underfoot, and there is not a lot of the clear turquoise water usually found in the caribbean. (This beach is on the atlantic side but there is a reef a fair way out which protects the beach somewhat). However, there is an excellent pool and its easy to sit on the beach (or lay in one of the many nice hammocks) and swim in the nearby pool.

The food is marvellous, particularly the evening meal in the great house and we have not come across such a happy bunch of staff in all our many trips to the caribbean and most of them have another external job as well, whether it be another bar job or as a teacher !

There are so many good people I cant mention them all, but Paterson (the tie), Dan the bar chief, Kaddy, Allison, Lorraine in the restaurant and even the youg guy who delivered drinks on the beach were all stars.

In the great house restaurant and bar, it can be difficult to get comfortable temperature wise. The bar area is very warm and if you have come from a shower in your air conditioned room, this takes a bit of getting used to and if you sit to eat on the verandah this can be warm as well. Conversley you can sit in the air-conditioned section to eat and my wife often found this too chilled.

One of the best bits about Nisbet is the caribbean music, from small trios in the bar to the full on band for the weekly Thursday night beach barbecue , when all the locals turn up to dance as well.

Dont bother to take a taxi round island tour, jeep hire is cheap , only 50 US dollars a day + 25 dollars for your license, and the round island road is good, but you do need the jeep if you detour from this. Don't miss Golden Rock hotel, Montpelier hotel, The botanical gardens, Oualie beach (very near Nesbitt) but I would give the Four Seasons Hotel a miss, though it is on a fantastic beach.

• Liked — staff and entertainment
  • Disliked — sea swimming
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Palmer_et_al
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 3, 2007

As a summary... Nisbet Plantation is the perect vacation if you are lookng for a relaxed, beautiful and friendly environment. If you want discos, all you can drink bars and tasteless food, then skip it.
Also, we did bring our twins with us (they are just 2 years). This was a great place for them - both the hotel staff and other guests were very nice to our kids. It helps that the hotel holds an early dinner for the kids and buffers what can be an ugly time for parents with young children.
Speaking of food, the food at Nisbet is outstanding. Don't miss a dinner - or you will be sorry. Really, this is great food in a great setting.
The beach is wide and clean. Yes, there is a beach bar - with food options.
If possible, fly directly to Nevis. The S. Kitts alternative works, but is is not a great option.
So, go and enjoy. This is a very special place.

Stayed August 2007
16 Thank Brockett
Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2007

All the rave reviews about Nisbet are deserved so I won't be repetitive. Some of the things not mentioned are the
oftimes great live music in the lounge before and after dinner. I'd eat early and then
enjoy the music and an after
dinner drink. On Thursday evening there is an outstanding
cookout by the beach with an
absolutely tremendous band. Many young locals attend this
event and make it a real happening. The one caveat IMO is there really are no true
beachfront accomodations so
I would advise renting the least
expensive cottage in which case
you will have a shorter walk to the dining room although a longer walk to the beach. Also,
swimming is not the greatest
what with rocks, seaweed, Etc.
Look for a clear patch of water
and do your dipping in that. There is no pool. Also, it's a shame they chase away the farm animals that occasionally come to graze. They add to the
atmosphere.

• Liked — Location, location, location
  • Disliked — swimming
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ramblinman9
Bowie, MD
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My father's side of the family is from Nevis (my maiden name being Nisbett - with 2 T's :-), so my mother sent us for our Honeymoon this year. It was just the most beautiful place I have ever seen and I literally cried when we had to leave! Words can't express the hospitality shown by the workers at the resort. I can't wait until we go back.

Stayed June 2007
10 Thank NevisLovers
New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We had the pleasure of staying at the Nisbet Plantation from July 25 through August 1. What everyone has written about the staff is certainly true. They actually seem to love their jobs! Steve, Kaddy, Dan, Ros, Angela and Violet are the best. A special thank you to Angela who was so kind to me when I became ill (fortunately I quickly recovered) and to Steve who solved our tee off problems at the Four Seasons. Breakfast and dinner ( especially dinner) were great. The food was fresh, varied, and well prepared. We thought that lunch was a bit pricey and not as good, but to take taxis to other places seemed a waste of money and beach time. Our room was lovely , with attractive furnishings and bedding. Bathrooms are large and updated with robes, a hair dryer, and toiletries. The beach was closeby. Shade is easy to find , especially off season. There was a constant breeze (at the beach) but it did get hot as you moved away from the water.We brought "water shoes" and I recommend them, unless you only want to swim in the pool. The landscaping is not lush, but rather natural. Flat shoes are a must because you will find yourself walking on sand or grass. There are no paths or paved walkways. We took a 3 hour tour of the island and went to St Kitt's by ferry. We did go to Sunshine's one day for lunch. The grilled fish was the best we have ever eaten, but it is a rather unusual place!!Other than that and a bit of golf ($200 a round), we stayed at the beach. Erin and Glenn, the managers, were very accomodating and mingled with the guests. They take their jobs very seriously. If you are looking for a lot of activities in a large hotel this is not for you. If you want peace and quiet in a lovely but not fancy setting, consider staying here.

• Liked — Access to the beach and the friendly staff
  • Disliked — People who were not hotel guests using the facilities
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Ocean Terrace Inn
#2 of 5 in Basseterre
Oualie Beach Resort
#3 of 3 in New Castle

Been to Nisbet Plantation Beach Club? Share your experiences!