Let me just say that even tho it has taken forever for me to write a review, I have not stopped telling people about the most wonderful honeymoon my husband and I had. First of all, my hubby and I are from Florida...I grew up on the panhandle in which I consider some of the nicest beaches in the world....and I had a VERY hard time finding a honeymoon spot that could top some of the panhandle area....BUT, what we found is now our favorite place in the world! We stayed at Nisbet in May of this year for 8 days. It was just beyond words and by the end of our trip we wanted to MOVE there! We had a rough travel getting there, due to our airline and delays, but as soon as we stepped foot on the property at Nisbet, it was like a sweet ambiance took over and peace fell upon us. As you walk down the palm tree lined plantation to your room, you are taken back to another place in time. I felt like I was in a movie or something or in the 1950's, staying at a place where only the rich and famous could go. You want ROMANTIC...YOU GOT IT! The cottages are amazing...we stayed in the Hamilton room facing the ocean. It was absolutely breathtaking. From the moment we arrived the staff blew our minds. We have never been treated with such respect, kindness and overall friendliness ANYWHERE. Honestly, within the first hour the staff new us by name. We were so tired when we arrived that we asked if dinner could be brought to our room instead of us getting dressed and going to dinner in the Great House. They kindly obliged and Roslyn brought our dinner to our door. This woman....she is just beyond words herself. So cute as she called to our door in her Nevis accent, "Jackleeeen, Micool, your dinner is ready. We were blown away. The food was out of this world good. DEFINITELY eat at the great house at night. You will NOT be disappointed! Being in the greathouse sitting on the patio eating dinner takes you back to another place in time just itself. Oh...and the rooms....EXTREMELY clean. This staff takes pride in what they do. The bathroom, the bedsheets, everything, every day was cleaned and was spotless. I was seriously impressed!
The beauty of Nevis is stunning. It's peaceful, it's quiet and undisturbed. If you are looking for a high entertainment honeymoon or vacation, this is not the place for you....BUT, if you are looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of your life and be alone with your honey, this is the place to get away from it all! Your room has no tv and no radio (we brought a radio tho), but it really is a great thing...especially on a honeymoon. It really allows you to just relax and be there with your significant other without the disturbance of "entertainment". We went horseback riding and snorkeling and do take a cab with T.C. and do a tour of the island...she is HILARIOUS! Overall, we could NOT have picked a better place to stay and my husband and I can't wait until the day we get to return to the friendliest place on Earth. Forget Disney World...we LIVE here! Nevis and Nisbet Plantation blow the doors off of "Disney Friendly." Going to Nisbet is not a vacation, it's a visitation. =) You get welcomed into a family who makes you feel special just for being there and their kindness is genuine.
PS. There are NO CLOCKS in your ROOM! Go to NISBET, FORGET TIME! It's the BEST!
OH...and YOU MUST MUST TRY the best fruit EVER...SOURSOP!
SAVING AND PLANNING FOR OUR NEXT VISIT!!
Michael & Jaclyn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nisbet is the Caribbean's only luxury plantation inn located on the beach. This intimate hideaway is one of the Caribbean's Top 10 Most Romantic Hotels and the ancestral home of Fanny Nisbet, the ever-faithful wife of British naval hero Admiral Horatio Nelson. A historic resort with only 36 rooms spread over 30 lush beachfront acres. Enjoy impeccable service that has helped Nisbet Plantation be recognized as one of the top Caribbean hotels. Vacation at a top Caribbean hotel on the island time forgot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nisbet Plantation Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Hotel Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Hotel
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Resort
- Nisbet Plantation Nevis
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club Nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis