“Paradise”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
New York City, New York
“Paradise”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have been comming to this hotel since I was a kid with my mom, dad and brother. I absolutely love it. The service and everyone around makes you feel like you are at home. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are fine. The view at the mount nevis hotel is prominent. It's breath taking. The food at the mount nevis hotel is great when I come here I usually have fish. The fish here is fantastic, it is always localy caught, and fresh. The chef make this awsome garlic butter sauce that tastes devine. Other then the fish the food here is still great. I love exploring and there are so many things that you can do in nevis. I absolutely love this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jjmaher7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The food is great, The rooms are really nice. The staff is superb and the hotel small enough where you can actually talk with the staff and management and enjoy their company and insights. I spent three nights here and it was all good. The other reviews say what I would say, but I do plan on blowing off the Marriott on St Kitts from here on in and staying here. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank suspect309
Jamie C, Marketing Coordinator at The Mount Nevis Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back next year and remember....in Nevis, you're only a stranger once!
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed November 26, 2013

As we were to visit Nevis in early September for a wedding we looked for a quiet peaceful hotel at a reasonable price. We found that and more at the Mount Nevis Hotel and Beach Club. Upon our arrival as we were completing the registration we learned from Peter, the Manager, that he had upgraded our room and we were served a refreshing rum punch (most welcome as it was hot and humid) by Jamie, the Marketing Coordinator and Peter's wife. The view from our room was wonderful with the sea and St. Kitts in the distance with some mixed grassland and trees and the hotel's attractive property in the foreground. Often we could see wild donkeys and monkeys in the grassland area. The staff always greeted us with a cheery smile and provided attentive prompt service. The Manager went out of his way to help us with a foreign exchange problem and Monica did a great job booking our return transport to the airport. The food was great with a wide choice for breakfast. As many of our meals were at different places with the wedding party we only had the opportunity for one lunch at the hotel but that one was most tasty. No question as to where we will stay on our next trip.

Room Tip: Ocean view upper floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank DH377646
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I came to Nevis for our honeymoon. We had never been to Nevis before, and didn't know what to expect. We were referred by a family friend, and so happy we followed their advice. The Mount Nevis Hotel owner, management and staff went above and beyond to ensure our every need was met. Not to mention the breathtaking views and the beautiful rooms. We were more than pleased with our experience, and will absolutely be back to Mount Nevis Hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a suite with an ocean view, you'll be glad you did!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AshleyLappy
Jamie C, Marketing Coordinator at The Mount Nevis Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We were honored to have you as our guests during your honeymoon and look forward to welcoming you back next year on your anniversary. Congratulations again and I wish you all the joy you can wish!
St. Thomas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

When we made our decision about where to stay in Nevis, we decided we wanted a hotel that was not "stilted" and had a relaxed atmosphere. We found that at Mt. Nevis Hotel. We were greeted by a friendly staff, Marian, and macaroon cookies on our coffee table. The room was beautiful with wooden beamed ceilings and a wonderful view of the ocean and the woods. We even saw a family of monkeys run by in the distance. The rooms were always clean. The restaurant had very good food with excellent kitchen staff. We were pleased to meet the owner of the hotel who made a special trip to our table while we ate breakfast. We also met Peter, the manager, and his wife who happened to be from the state of Alabama like I was. My birthday happened to occur on this trip and I was pleasantly surprised with a special birthday cake and the birthday song sung to me by the staff. Special Kudos go out to Kenneth who answered our every call. We will definitely return to Mt. Nevis Hotel when we go back to Nevis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BARBARA D
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Mt. Nevis to the moment we departed, we all agreed we would always come back every time we traveled to Nevis.
As soon as I walked into the office, Peter, the manager was extremely kind and attentive. He showed us around main grounds and invited us to complimentary rum punch! We were given cold towels which were a thoughtful touch especially after our ferry ride from St. Kitts. Then we were shown to our rooms. Our villas were on the second floor adjacent to one another (another thoughtful touch) with a breathtaking mountain and ocean view. The rooms were meticulously clean with updated furniture, bathroom and full kitchen. The a/c cooled the room completely (this is important especially on an island where you seldom find a/c in hotels).
As we went down for dinner, we noticed there was a table already set-up for our party to our surprise. It was pizza/pasta night and everyone found something they liked on the menu. The tables overlook the gorgeous oversized pool, lush gardens and the mountains and ocean.
The Mt. Nevis restaurant was truly spectacular. The breakfast was amazing, best french toast I have ever had. Dinner time felt like a gourmet restaurant in a fancy metropolitan city.
Jamie and Peter always came to greet us and ask about our stay. Verna was a doll and all the waitresses and even our chef Mike who so graciously accomodated a late night dessert craving :) From eating at the restaurant to lounging at the pool while ordering coladas or picking mangoes from the many trees on the grounds, this place was a delight. The staff was attentive, beautiful rooms and excellent food surrounded by a serene tropical ambience and spectacular views. I will continue staying at Mt. Nevis every time I visit.

Room Tip: Any villa overlooking St. Kitts
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank fabtravel17
The Valley, null, Anguilla
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently visited Nevis for the 7th or 8th time. My intent was to get away for a few days. On previous visits, I had stayed at other properties across the island and on this visit, I wanted to experience something different. I flew into St. Kitts and caught the sea taxi across to Nevis. The drive from the airport to the dock is about 15 minutes and the shuttle gets you to Nevis in less than 10 minutes. I found it to be the most efficient transfer from St. Kitts to Nevis.

When you exit off the main road to drive up the stretch to Mount Nevis, it is evident that you are in the country side. The property is quaint and well kept. However, it is the welcome that got my attention. I work for a luxury property so I understand service. The staff were authentic and warm. When I walked out onto the patio of the restaurant and saw the view of St. Kitts, it was absolutely breathtaking.

Service is personalized and the staff make you feel like you are at home. I mentioned to the manager that I loved mangoes and throughout my entire trip, Ken ensured that I had mangoes each morning. One day I came home and there was a bowl of mangoes in my room.

I loved the genuine smiles; I loved the carefree yet attentive nature of staff; I loved the intimate feel of the property; I loved the amazing views of St. Kitts (which are 2nd to none on the island); I loved the local yet professional manner in which persons maneuvered.

I can be extremely critical at times but my stay at Mount Nevis was absolute perfection. I loved it.

Room Tip: Select a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Oualie Beach Resort
Oualie Beach Resort
#3 of 3 in New Castle

Been to The Mount Nevis Hotel? Share your experiences!