“Breathtaking!”

The Mount Nevis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed September 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Mt. Nevis to the moment we departed, we all agreed we would always come back every time we traveled to Nevis.
As soon as I walked into the office, Peter, the manager was extremely kind and attentive. He showed us around main grounds and invited us to complimentary rum punch! We were given cold towels which were a thoughtful touch especially after our ferry ride from St. Kitts. Then we were shown to our rooms. Our villas were on the second floor adjacent to one another (another thoughtful touch) with a breathtaking mountain and ocean view. The rooms were meticulously clean with updated furniture, bathroom and full kitchen. The a/c cooled the room completely (this is important especially on an island where you seldom find a/c in hotels).
As we went down for dinner, we noticed there was a table already set-up for our party to our surprise. It was pizza/pasta night and everyone found something they liked on the menu. The tables overlook the gorgeous oversized pool, lush gardens and the mountains and ocean.
The Mt. Nevis restaurant was truly spectacular. The breakfast was amazing, best french toast I have ever had. Dinner time felt like a gourmet restaurant in a fancy metropolitan city.
Jamie and Peter always came to greet us and ask about our stay. Verna was a doll and all the waitresses and even our chef Mike who so graciously accomodated a late night dessert craving :) From eating at the restaurant to lounging at the pool while ordering coladas or picking mangoes from the many trees on the grounds, this place was a delight. The staff was attentive, beautiful rooms and excellent food surrounded by a serene tropical ambience and spectacular views. I will continue staying at Mt. Nevis every time I visit.

Room Tip: Any villa overlooking St. Kitts
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank fabtravel17
There are newer reviews for The Mount Nevis Hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently visited Nevis for the 7th or 8th time. My intent was to get away for a few days. On previous visits, I had stayed at other properties across the island and on this visit, I wanted to experience something different. I flew into St. Kitts and caught the sea taxi across to Nevis. The drive from the airport to the dock is about 15 minutes and the shuttle gets you to Nevis in less than 10 minutes. I found it to be the most efficient transfer from St. Kitts to Nevis.

When you exit off the main road to drive up the stretch to Mount Nevis, it is evident that you are in the country side. The property is quaint and well kept. However, it is the welcome that got my attention. I work for a luxury property so I understand service. The staff were authentic and warm. When I walked out onto the patio of the restaurant and saw the view of St. Kitts, it was absolutely breathtaking.

Service is personalized and the staff make you feel like you are at home. I mentioned to the manager that I loved mangoes and throughout my entire trip, Ken ensured that I had mangoes each morning. One day I came home and there was a bowl of mangoes in my room.

I loved the genuine smiles; I loved the carefree yet attentive nature of staff; I loved the intimate feel of the property; I loved the amazing views of St. Kitts (which are 2nd to none on the island); I loved the local yet professional manner in which persons maneuvered.

I can be extremely critical at times but my stay at Mount Nevis was absolute perfection. I loved it.

Room Tip: Select a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank DheJ
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Are you looking for an alternative to Four Seasons? Look no further than Mt. Nevis Hotel and Beach Club. If you want a peaceful, serene, vacation - this is the place for you.

I recently attended a conference held at Mt. Nevis Hotel, and was extremely impressed by the level of service offered every guest. Our group was greeted by Marva, the fantastic Office Manager who will take care of all your needs. Immediately after filling out the initial paperwork (during check-in, you're asked to specify what time you want your room cleaned....not something hotels in the US generally ask). It's this level of detail that made the experience fantastic.
After check-in, everyone seemed to know our names and room numbers. Yes, that kind of service! We later met Jamie & Pete, a wonderful American couple that runs the hotel's day-to-day operations.
Our room was large, clean, and had a fantastic balcony overlooking the ocean and St. Kitts - amazing views. We were in room 203, and were very happy with every detail....the baked goodies waiting for us in the room were also fantastic. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, better than I've experienced at other US Hotels.
During the week our group was there - it seemed like the staff went out of their way to accommodate everyone's needs.
Here are some examples: The property has fantastic coconut palm trees, so an employee got us fresh coconuts upon request. When we missed "Pizza Night" due to another engagement, the hotel gladly turned the following day into "Pizza Night" again. When returning from St. Kitts in the water taxi, we went to the beach bar and asked them to call Mt. Nevis Hotel, so we could be picked up. Pete and the owner showed up to pick us up in a few minutes.
The restaurant at the hotel is also top quality. We had fantastic meals at the hotel every night, with a wide assortment of choices. I'm certain a comparable meal at Four Seasons would have been triple the cost.

Everyone in this hotel has a "can do" attitude. Jamie, Pete, and Marva made our stay in Nevis wonderful, and we can't wait to go back!

5  Thank markrfla
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently attended a conference held at the Mt. Nevis Hotel. The hotel and rooms were excellent. However, the service and the attention you got from the employee's and management was special. Everyone was very attentive to your every need. The food was excellent. Jamie and Peter, the managers, were always available and worked hard to make sure our stay perfect. Marva and Bernadine made everyone feel like part of the family while we were there. I would definitely stay at Mt. Nevis Hotel when I return to St. Kitts/Nevis.

4  Thank John P
Jamie C, Marketing Coordinator at The Mount Nevis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the great feedback! I will be sure to convey you comments Marva & Bernadine, I know they will deeply appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your encouragement and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have visited many hotels in the Caribbean and have attended many conferences. I have never been more impressed with the service we received at Mount Nevis! They were very flexible, professional, courteous, and genuinely happy to have us there, and they went above and beyond. There were approximately 60 people attending our conference, and we had everything we needed when we needed it. The hotel property was beautiful and well-maintained and the view from my room was absolutely breathtaking. I highly recommend Mount Nevis Hotel, and I can't wait to go back for vacation!

3  Thank Kelly B
Jamie C, Marketing Coordinator at The Mount Nevis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed the conference & your stay at Mount Nevis! It was our pleasure to be your host! We can't wait to see you back here!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was lucky to have the opportunity to stay at this hotel for 3 nights in May 2013. I was totally impressed. The staff was beyond courteous and helpful, and the service was exceptional. The scenery was serene, breathtaking and well kept. The rooms were comfortable and inviting, and the food was delicious! Thanks so much to the staff of this lovely hotel for making my stay very comfortable. Hope to visit again soon, maybe next year. All the best!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Farzaana B
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Mount Nevis Hotel and Beach Club is a very elegant hotel, in a serene setting which presents the visitor with dual views of a majestic mountainous landscape and the beautiful blue sea. The location is really peaceful and the hotel is charming and while I was visiting on business, it would be a great destination for a relaxing stay for couples.

My room was spacious with an elegant decor (Building 3 - Plantations), the linens were comfortable and the towels were so soft! The room was well-equipped with a sitting area, television, free Internet access and a well-outfitted kitchenette (refrigerator, electric stove, toaster oven and microwave oven, coffeemaker, kettle, complimentaty coffee - but not tea) and there was a welcome dish of coconut macaroons when I arrived.

The room attendant did a very good job of keeping the room clean and tidy at all times, and I believe that there may have been more than one visit in the course of the day to ensure that everything was fresh each time I came back. The front office staff was efficient and handled my queries promptly. The staff that attended to me at the dining area were also efficient in their service, attentive and responsive. The meals were tasty, however the menu was not very varied over the first two days of my stay. I met the owner/manager and he was also hospitable.

I would not want to spoil this review at all, as my stay I would rate as overalll excellent, but I should mention two recommendations: golf carts are cute for transporting visitors to rooms, but not during rain showers, when alternative tranport should be provided; also, more needs to be done to address the problem of mosquitoes, perhaps cutting the grass back and ensuring that breeding sites are eliminated around the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to visitors, really my stay was comfortable and I was happy to have had the opportunity to visit!

Room Tip: Perpahs if you are female and staying alone, try to get a room at Building 1 or 2 which are nearer t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
Oualie Beach Resort
Oualie Beach Resort
#3 of 3 in New Castle

Been to The Mount Nevis Hotel? Share your experiences!