“Comfortable/Enjoyable Hotel”

Ramada Mountain Home
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We came to Mtn. Home looking for a hotel close to resturants,easy to get to hotel with comfortable beds, clean rooms,micro/refrig.,indoor heated pool and work out facility.We found it at the Ramada. The gym is off grounds but just a few blocks away.We had a 24hr. pass key to the gym.It has all the bells and whistles needed for a work out. The added feature to the hotel is the manager and his outstanding friendly,helpful front desk and housekepping staff.They went out their way from check in to check out, to make our stay enjoyable,we felt like family. We had a good complimentary hot buffet breakfast every morning. We were at the Ramada 3 nights and plan to return soon for the fall folige and fishing. We recommend families and business folks to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jared429

Reviewed September 10, 2011

The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful with direction to resturants,lakes and other interests in the area..They made us feel like we were family and felt very welcomed. Jack especially went out of his way to help my parents with
their luggage and assist in many other ways during our 4 day stay.Our rooms were very clean,comfortable beds and roomy.Housekepping was friendly and helpful.Our kids loved the large heated pool.Breakfast bufett was very good.Good selection and the kids loved the waffle maker. We have stayed at other hotels in town and this hotel by far is the best. We will be back and have told our friends about our positive experiences.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank illini173
Reviewed September 4, 2011

This place is a left over from the great destination spots of the 1980s. The rooms are old and very put of date, nothing is an upgrade. I would suspect this place has had the same paint job, TVs, coffee makers, carpet, that they've had for 20 years or more.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have stayed many times over the years at the Ramada Inn in Mountain Home so I wanted to write a review because I think it should be number one on the list. From the time we walked in until the time we left, the hotel staff, from the housecleaning crew, to the hostess/waiter/waitresses to the front desk clerks, everyone made sure our visit was wonderful. We arrived very late in the evening on Friday and the check-in and the check out on Monday were very quick. It was a quiet hotel and the pool looked very inviting. The shower was hot, the bed was comfortable and the room cool. The refrigerator and the microwave came in handy. After spending the days with our family, and Pizza Hut right next door, late night dinner was just a parking lot away. Thank you Ramada Inn for always being there for my family. We'll be back next year and keep up the great work!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WaxNSnax
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed here last minute and booked it on the phone from a travel site. Many other hotels were booked, but we should have driven around more to find more options. There is NO elevator. The bottom floor rooms are outside access only. The upstairs smelled like a pool, the room was set up wierd, and the paint had been half way redone improperly. The room smelled a little musty, the hotel is older than many in the area. There is a bar at the hotel, with outside access for non-guests. The hotel is contracted with a company that rents rooms to noisy construction workers. The beds were lumpy. The breakfast was powdered eggs, okay biscuits and bacon, I didn't see hash browns or a place for them like other reviewers. I've had much better "Free Breakfast" at other hotels, including the one we stayed in the next night. Mnay people who gave this place a review have not stayed in other hotels much I guess. Not at all up to a Ramada standard. I don't know how they keep the Ramada name. We found a better option down the road for the next night of our stay. It was cheaper and newer (we got a discount from a nice employee). My advice is to stay away from this place, even if you do have to pay a little more. Check your options unless you like smelly rooms, outside entrances, no elevators for 2nd floor, lumpy beds, and a not so good breakfast.

Room Tip: Downstairs is outside access only, upstairs is UP STAIRS, no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I've been to Mountain Home a handful of times now. I come from Las Vegas and visit my parents in AR. Being a Las Vegas resident, I've had many opportunities to stay in hotels and know the pros and cons of amenities. The Ramada Inn of Mountain Home, Ar. is tops! Indoor heated pool is decorated in a way that it seems like you are outside. One time I had one of the poolside rooms on the first floor. It was excellent. I loved opening the window and watching the kids from the room. Western Sizzlin' is a restaurant attached to the Ramada Inn. Each hotel room gets two tickets for a free breakfast buffet. Bacon, eggs, corned beef hash, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, chicken friend steak and so much more. MUCH better than a typical continental breakfast. FREE wi-fi! In most places I stay at this is a required amenity charge separate from room rates. FREE cable/satellite tv with HBO, excellent! FREE local and long distance phone calls! Rooms include a mini Fridge, coffee pot, and a microwave! I tell you it's rare for me to find all three these days. The bathroom has a Nu Tone 3 piece switch that has light, vent, and heating. I love getting out of the shower to a warm heated room. The a/c in the room worked excellent. The King bed was huge and firm and very comfortable. A desk, a rocking chair and ottoman. This recent visit I stayed for an emergency visit due to my dad's imminent death and the staff was very warm and accommodating. I greatly appreciated the generosity and care I received from Jack and Roxanne. I WILL be back. :D

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeninvegas
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Excellent motel. Very clean, updated and wonderful staff
Jackie, Melissa, Sherri and one of the male personnel - didnt get his
name. Was somewhat surprised at the updated quality by the new owner. He
has done a great job. Our room was larger than the average motel we have stayed in. Good comfortable beds and soft pillows. My boys and I really enjoyed the heated indoor
swimming pool. Breakfast at the attached restaurant was very good. Cudos to all at this location. Will be in Mountain Home later on in the summer and plan to definitely stay at this Ramada. In fact, it is my only choice. I definitely recommend this motel to any and all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Brass Door Motel
Brass Door Motel
#1 of 1 in Gassville

Been to Ramada Mountain Home? Share your experiences!