Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
San Clemente, Ecuador
“Good stop over”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

If you're headed in from the east into the Bentonville this makes for a great stop over area. The Holiday Inn Express is what you would expect: clean, basic +, well formatted rooms, great breakfast area, warm cookies on check in (even at 7:00 pm) and friendly staff. Small annoyances like the water taking a Loooong time to warm up for the shower weren't bothersome enough to hamper the experience. Clean, updated and appears to be well run!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallways are very large@
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We came to Mountain Home for an early Thanksgiving family gathering but the only way we could attend was to bring my 2 small dogs. i just want to say that the front desk staff at this hotel was wonderful (thank you Shelly for the great room). Note: even though they allow dogs the room was very nice and the hotel is very clean. I also felt very safe here during my late night dog walks. I would absolutely stay here again when I visit in the future!

Room Tip: I had read that the third floor was smoking. Since I had dogs I asked for and received a first floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moselle, Mississippi
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express has a nice appearance and gives a great first impression. The real experience started at check in. The clerk was about the most inhospitable person I've ever encountered in the hotel world. She had absolutely no personality & was practically incompetent while checking me in. I was the only guest at the desk & it had to have taken a good 10 minutes. She kept blaming the computer but I have my doubts. When I asked her for suggestions of something to do that afternoon with our teenage granddaughter she had NO suggestions & told me that I could go to the Chamber of Commerce & they could give me some ideas. I always thought the front desk was supposed to be the resident expert for the local area. When we finally got to the room there was a ring of mold inside the toilet along with other unsightly stains. There was a cheerio laying on the floor in the corner of the bathroom & the desk drawer still had paperwork from the previous guest in it. After my check in experience I decided it would probably do no good to mention these to them. Breakfast was good & the attendant seemed to be friendly enough & kept things well stocked & clean. As we went to check out the next morning I was horrified to find the same lady on the desk. When I asked for an itemized receipt she actually argued with me that I must have gotten an express check out. When I told her I didn,'t she looked at the key packet that I had given her and stated "oh, that must be what you checked in with." I'm not sure what they should do about their "computer problems" because again it took an act of congress to get checked out. On a positive note, the lady who was on the desk in the evening after we checked in was very nice and acknowledged us each time we came through the lobby. At least she was one bright spot in the staff. It seems like a relatively nice hotel but could certainly use some tweeking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob55197
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent three nights for a business trip and was very pleased with the accomodations. The entire location was clean and well kept inside and out. Pleasant, helpful staff were readily available when needed. The room felt spacious and featured nice furniture. A large window let in plenty of light but could be easily blocked with sheer or blackout drapes.
The hotel is located slightly off the main thoroughfare which helps reduce the traffic noise.
Very positive experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mountain Home for one night for a quick family visit. It was in a convenient location in the middle of town, but on a side street so traffic noise was not an issue, and the room was very clean and the hotel quiet. And, it's always a plus to have free breakfast included in the morning!

I would recommend this hotel as a place to stay if you need lodging in Mountain Home, AR.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robbie W
Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have family that lives in Mountain Home and have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express numerous times. We have always been very pleased with the cleanliness and friendly staff there. They had just replaced the carpeting in the hallways when we stayed this weekend. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel was almost brand new. Quiet with black out drapes and air controls that offered the visitor who has difficulties sleeping at night a rest haven. The rooms were very spacious, I had two queen beds. The flat screen offered multiple channels, including premium HBO. For a small town, having a list of over 25+ stations is amazing. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms spacious. For those that forget, the hotel has an offering of soaps, shampoos/conditioners, lotion and blowdryers. If you forget even more, they will supply it.

The breakfast is free, but not what you'd expect. They had pancakes that could be made fresh, boiled eggs, cereals both hot and cold, milk selections, hot breakfast egg, meat and biscuits with gravy. They offer an assortment of bagels, toast and cinnamon buns, which are really tasty. They have a variety of juices. The hotel provides fresh baked cookies at night.

The only drawback is their coffee. It was supposed to be a premium roast, but is very weak and watery. The staff member stated that that is how she likes her coffee, but it is widely known around Mountain Home that the coffee is a smudge on an otherwise pristine hotel stay. They do have a coffee maker and coffee in your room, which is another option, but I did not have time to try it. If you are a serious coffee drinker, there is a McDonalds close by, but no Starbucks. The Angler on Hwy 5 has some great coffee and lunch offerings as well.

They have a fitness center that is small but complete. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One thing they told us that might factor into you late owls...the town closes down around 7 for the most part. So, ask the desk for some food recommendations as they gave us excellent choices and directions as the hotel is not affixed to a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
The River Rock Hotel
The River Rock Hotel
#2 of 16 in Mountain Home
Norfork Lake Ozark Mountain Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Mountain Home? Share your experiences!