“Nice resort to spend time with family and friends!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Rocking Chair Resort
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed June 2, 2014

A great time was had at the Rocking Chair Resort with family and friends. Rooms are clean, the resort hosts were great and very accommodating! We enjoyed swimming, fishing and relaxing! Looking forwarding to coming back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Joanie K

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Rocking Chair Resort is the best place to spend time with family and friends. I live in Illinois and have family that lives in Missouri. For the past 10 years we have all stayed at the Rocking Chair Resort and have had the best time. They are so friendly and accomodating to your every needs. The resort is secure even for little ones and there are so many things to do. They have a game room, a general store, a built in swimming pool, boats for rent and do an awesome display for 4th of July. My boys all love it and look forward to returning every year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie D
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our review is based on two separate negative experiences at Rockingchair Resort last year. We made two reservations at the same time, several months in advance, for 2 separate times during the summer busy “lake” season. The first time we had a rental from them, we showed up late in the afternoon on the day our rental began. The house was not ready, and we were told “sorry” the house cleaners are not on the property right now. You will have to leave and come back or just wait, but it will be a “good while”. We had to wait for them well over an hour to even show up. We into town to do a few errands and when we got back it still wasn’t ready. When we finally got in, the accommodations were okay, but nothing spectacular or even fairly nice and our bedroom smelled like mildew. It was also loud for most of the night with young college age people partying late into the night and some bikers coming and going. Just not a very desirable family environment to be around.
The second incident came at the end of the first stay while we were checking out and paying. The second reservation for our whole family and some friends later in the summer for three days. We were told that someone wanted the large house that we had reserved for us, had wanted to reserve it for a whole week, and that they gave it them since they could make more money. No sorry, no we have some other accommodations for you, just you are out. So, we had to start looking for a new house at the time of year when all the best places were already booked. The resort owner’s attitude was pretty much that it was our problem to deal with.
So, needless to say, we won’t do business with these folks again, and if you choose to, hope you don’t have an experience similar to ours. The owners were not pleasant people to deal with at all even when we tried our best to be pleasant despite our disappointment with the situations they put us in.

Room Tip: Don't book anything here because if you do, you just might get there and not have a place to sta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank PrettyPlease
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you're looking for the Hilton Hotel? Keep driving. But? If you're looking to step back into time? We always stayed at one of the little houses up on the bluff. It's like walking back into my grandmas place. It takes a day or two to unwind, we bring our trio of dogs - two who have since passed; the best part of my year was taking our teen and dogs and my 78 year old dad up to the lake. And going off the grid. I can't think of a better gift for our dogs than to let them out to go wandering down the bluff tails in the air. I guess they find water because they come back wet, tired and happy. Granted they are happy dogs anyway. You don't know what I'd give today to just turn back the clock and have everyone right there again. Since then? My dad stopped walking, son joined the military, and Ben & Andy? They passed on. My husband is headed to Afghanistan for a year and if I could just turn it back? You betcha. In a heartbeat. Great local food. The boats? They are what they are;-) they get you out on the water to swim and jump the cliffs. No complaints here. Great family place. I was always sad to leave. It doesn't look like we'll ever get back either. So, take some cards and play, take your dogs, relax, read a book, listen to the birds, watch the deer and just get over yourself off the grid:-) I was there for Jane's 50th birthday. She's Lovely and has lovely kids. The people we met were all very nice. The Reviews are right. Someone smokes in the front office where you check in, maybe that should be changed. Overall, I stay at resorts in California and Colorado now - the fancy ones. But given my druthers? I'd be sitting outside at THIS one drinking coffee when the sun comes up on the back porch watching my four footed friends disappear down the slope into the woods by the lake.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank AnnaVanwinkle
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very disappointing, pictures on Internet are deciding, cottages are old, smells terrible, glasses are cracked. Terrible place to stay.would not even want a dog to stay there. Chickens running around outside. Office reaps of stale smoke

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Annette L
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have been coming for several years and usually stay in the two bedroom secluded home. I can say Jane has always went out of her way to take care of us. We have pets and they are always welcome at Rocking Chair Resort since they are family too. As far as the negative review I read about the pontoon boats are concerned it is a boat that is used for fishing and fun as long as it is safe and runs who cares if bait is on there or torn seats it works. As far as a radio just bring your own. As I said we love it. Thanks Jane for being so nice. I had to list July but we were there end of June 2011

• Stayed: July 2011
7  Thank Carcelia45
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I hear so many negative comments and it truely makes me very sad. We have been coming to Rocking Chair Ranch for so many years. My parents, my family, and my brother. This is a family run business. Not a big corporation that has a lot of excess cash lying around to make it bigger and better. This family has consistantly worked as a team to take care of this place. Mom, dad, all the kids, and even grandpa. When we get there they greet us with smiles and a huge appreciation for coming back year after year. Last year we did have some issues with our cabin. When my parents passed this on to the owners, it wasn't 10 minutes later that one of their boys came to the cabin with a note from them giving us a bigger cabin so they could get in and correct the problems that we came across. They certainly did not have to do this. But because of the type of people they are, they just want for everyone to have a vacation that is memorable and carefree. If your looking for the feeling of a hotel, stay at a hotel. If your looking for cabin life where you can sit around a bonfire, drink coffee on the deck early morning with all of the birds chirping, and
cooking out on a grill, then you are coming to the right place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family