“Stay 870 miles away from this bistro”
Review of 870 Bistro - CLOSED

870 Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After a day drive on Sunday we were looking for a nice Italian restaurant. This place seem to have some people in it so we stopped. I order chicken saltimbuca my wife a simple lettuce and mozzarella. The saltimbuca was like soup more water than flavor the chicken was so soggy you would have thought it was mush, i do not know how you could screw up a mozzarella salad but with not ripe tomatoes. However if you do like bread they seem to have mastered that, I should have just donated the bill to ASPCA. I would give two thumbs up to the wait staff.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We went on a Sunday afternoon expecting at least some other patrons in the restaurant; it was empty. I guess that should have been our first sign. Our server, albiet old, was kind although not seen often. Once we ordered (I had the Salmon salad and my girlfriend has the Caesar salad) we didnt see him again. We recieved no refills throughout our stay and had to go up to the register to get out check. The food was just okay, but next time we'll just get our food to go and skip the poor service.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We quit going to the 870 Bistro when we had several bad experiences a couple years ago. Not all reviews have been kind since so I was aware when we went with a group, that it could go either way.
The prime rib was excellent, service was very available when needed, and in general, I'm glad we went back.
The appetizer was odd. I ordered bruschetta and we got a sort of cheesy pizza with about 10 pieces of diced tomato. It wasn't what I have always known as bruschetta, but it wasn't bad & there was enough to serve six. In general, 870 Bistro is back on my list.

1  Thank Ron S
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food varies from good to very good, depends on who's cooking that day. Usually repeat the same specials over and over which gets boring but the menu has pretty good variety. The quality of the actual product has delined a bit since opening but that's to be expected.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The place seemed unclean.The lunch was either too salty or had no flavor.Soup was not edible.Pizza was terrible.Service was ok.,a young inexperienced gal.It was not busy.Salads were not fresh .Portions were small.Prices were too high.