“Hooked on Thai now”
Review of Dusit Thai Cuisine

Dusit Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I never wanted to try thai food, but my wife offered to buy my meal if I didn't love Dusit Thai. We went the 1st time about a yr. ago. Guess what? She did not have to buy dinner! In fact, I was shocked that something so good was here in Mountain Home. We had passed it so many times in this shopping center bordering Harp's Grocery. Now we return about once a month. We enjoyed it again last night. Sam & Jenny (owners) gave their friendly hellos when we entered and sat us immediately. Jenny brought out 2 cups of hot tea. She took our order, explaining the new choices we had made. We started with our usual. We split an order of egg rolls and a large bowl of won ton soup. The egg rolls are great with a crispy wrapper on the outside and served with a homemade red sweet sauce. (They make a large variety of sauces daily) The soup is steaming hot with homemade wontons, shrimp, chicken, and pea pods. Jenny gave us 2 bowls so we could split it from the larger bowl. I ordered #53-Garlic Seafood with one star of heat added. ( you can get 1-5 star heat added) This item is stir fried garlic with scallops & shrimp on a bed of grilled onion, leeks, and mushrooms and a side of rice. My wife tried something new-#38 Phad Woonson with added Shrimp. This was silver noodles, egg, tomato, onion, and black mushrooms. She had never tried anything here except soup, fried rice, or egg rolls. She declared this excellent and so was my entree. They give generous portions, and everything is so fresh and hot. The owners checked on us regularly as the place filled up for dinner. We both had enough for leftovers.
The only things we would change about this place is the hot tea. We prefer a stronger tea. My wife always brings an extra tea bag for that purpose. It might be nice if it was a little bigger, but then we might not get the personal attention from the owners. They are very hands-on in every aspect of their business, and I am sure that contributes to their success. Stop in and see for yourself. Say hello to Sam & Jenny. By the way, I am still buying all of our meals here!!

7  Thank oggiedoggie2013

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had dinner here, based on TA reviews and were very happy with the experience. DH and I each had drunken noodles, with chicken.

The ambiance is meager. Our table was next to the window overlooking a parking lot. The window is in need of cleaning, but the restaurant seemed clean and sanitary. Our server was not overly friendly, but friendly enough. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.

We would definitely return.

1  Thank Mard55
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I am from this area and was SHOCKED to find out they now have one of the best Thai restaurants ive tried. We dont live here now and we always search for Thai in any city we visit or live in. These guys are fantastic and so sweet. They know what they are doing with Thai...try the curry dishes. SO good

1  Thank SAWtravel
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Ate here while on vacation back in October. Good food, the Thai Iced Tea is a must try!! I had the Drunken Noodles which is what i normally get at Thai restaurants and it was comparable to the places I have eaten at in Chicago.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just had my first visit to Dusit Thai and can't wait to go back. I had the summer rolls, chicken satay and pad thai. It was all excellent. I'll be asking for a little more heat (chili pepper) on my next visit. This is the best ethnic food for the area. Thanks for being here Dusit Thai!