“Food ok”

Cuisines: American
Lynchburg, tn
“Food ok”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Fred's food was ok. Nothing extraordinary. The pickled tomatoes are good. Cole slaw wasn't good. Didn't like the fries. The catfish is ok. I'm still convenienced even if the food is just ok, if the service is exceptional it can make the experience must more tolerable. Service was just so so. Love me some good old fashioned southern hospitality. It's hard to find. I also LOVE good catfish and hushpuppies.

“Yumm”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good loved the slaw the fish was thick cuts ... We ate outside the view was great but every once in awhile we would get the smell of sewage as long as u dont have a weak tummy you will be alright

• Visited July 2014
Gassville, Arkansas, United States
“Not as good as you have been told.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have lived here for the last 30 years and have always been told about how good Freds fish house is and for some reason, just never went there. Well that all changed for my sons birthday we let him pick where he wanted to eat and this is what he chose. Fine with me I love catfish. This place is old and rundown, the parking lot is eroded away and restaurant just downright dirty and out of date. I can get past these things though as long as the food is good. Well guess what I am not sure what those people who rate the food high are used too but this place was terrible, me and my son both ordered the all you can eat catfish which is around $20, we can both put away some food so the price wasn't the issue, neither of us even ate what was on our first plate it was so bad. My wife doesn't eat fish so she ordered a burger, it was burnt to a crisp like a charcoal patty. Daughter didnt eat her kids catfish plate either. Coleslaw also bad. The hushpuppies were edible but not enough to ever bring us back or recommend them to anyone. Stay far far away if you like GOOD catfish.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank intoreality
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Displeased”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Well I wanted to try their catfish because I heard it was good and I have eaten at Skippers many times before but I gotta say there is no similarities! Freds fish isn't near as big and flavorable as Skippers. Good view but the food is what matters and it wasn't great. Sorry but Skippers is the best!

• Visited June 2014
“Great place for lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Food is great, wait staff is friendly and efficient and prices are budget friendly, can't wait to go back!

Visited May 2014