we chose this place based on the reviews, but we were so disappointed in this run-down 'resort' that we nearly asked for our money back, but we didn't want the hassle of lookin' for another place to stay. when we first drove up, I initially thought the place was abandoned, there were no other people stayin' there and the pool was uncovered and full of leaves, although this was late October. the drive into the property needed to be mowed.
we checked in then got the key to our cabin, which was not very clean, and smelled like a sour mopbucket, so we drove into town and bought a candle, and after burning it a few hours, we could live with it. we also had to buy a 2-prong extension cord to plug into the antique recepticles so that we could use our breathing apparatus. either that or sleep in the bathroom or next to the fridge, those were the only 3-prong plug-ins. we always eat out, so we didn't worry much about the dirt in the silver wear drawer. at least I hope that's what it was. whoever cleaned the bathroom left the wash cloths from the previous tenant hangin' on the shower curtain.
we're not hard to please, and this is the first critical review i've ever done, but I hope this saves someone else from makin' the same mistake that we did. I would have gladly conveyed this to the owners but once we got our key, we NEVER saw or heard from them again during our entire stay. if we didn't get the worst cabin on the property, i'd hate to see one worse than ours.