“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Mockingbird Bay Resort
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Mockingbird Bay Resort never let's us down. It's cabins are clean and well equipped, and the owners treat us like family. We've been coming here 10 years now and hopefully will be coming for many more. Our daughter and her family have started coming and even though she and the kids don't fish, they love it here. Lots for them to do.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane4Pat

Reviewed March 15, 2014

As a trip leader for the Ouachita Mountain Hikers (Hot Springs), I needed new trails after ice storms damaged everthing over in western Arkansas and Oklahoma. A few moments on the internet and Mockingbird Bay Resort popped up as a place to stay. What luck, and a drive-by of another so-called "5-star" recommend proved we were in the best digs. We were well and comfortably lodged in the big Lake House...five of us. Frank and Loretta offered advice and guidance on everything from trails to dining. We were soon trekking the entire length of David's Trail, Robinson Point Trail and the Lake Norfork Trail...24 miles in all. A great three days and total agreement that we will not only be back, but will bring more of our members. Rick Ericson

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rick E
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Mockingbird Bay Resort is a great resort of great quality and character. The owners are a super nice couple. Everything is clean, homey and very relaxing and the cabins offer modern amenities (like Wifi and satellite). Although this place hits full potential in spring and summer months, it is still a great family getaway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaurerJohn
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Mockingbird Bay Resort is THE best place to stay on Norfork Lake. Very clean and cozy cabins, a 30 second drive from the lake with a brand new boat dock, and incredibly helpful owners. They did everything and more in preparing the grounds for my wedding to make the day truly beautiful. Best hotel/resort I have ever been to! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Ljohnston08
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is such a peaceful, beautiful place. We were here Nov 1-4 this last time. The trees were beautiful and the lodging was wonderful. My husband and another couple had the 3 bedroom log cabin with a beautiful view of the lake. It took me back to a time when my parents had a place on another Arkansas lake. We would go to the lodge & eat breakfast while looking out over the lake. I loved it!!!! The owners, Frank & Loretta, are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They always make you feel comfortable and "at home". We had our boat with us, so it was so nice to have access to their fantastic dock & a locker to keep our fishing equipment. Thank you so much for a fun & relaxing weekend & hope to be back for a longer stay next time. Dale & Zita Wallace

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SenatorB
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi All,
Just taking few time to appreciate how helpful and friendly this Resort is (more rather you feel like your second home)..
I was there in the resort last weekend (10/19 and 10/20)...Its one of the best resort you can get in Mountain Home...
We got a 3 Bedroom Lake view Log cabin.. It got the best view... Very spacious , good Ambiance, quality stuff inside.. They also had a Barbeque, we enjoyed it through the night.. its very silent, peaceful and very very romantic place.. We normally sleep by 10pm, however here we just went on talking and it was almost 2-3 am we realized it too late.. :) so much fun..

We also took a pontoon on rent next day from there and went in the lake for 2 hrs, we could see couple of boats fishing in the mild chill breeze.. we just pass by them and we were just navigating thru the lake, just enjoying its natural beauty...If you interested in fishing its a real good spot to be .. fishing with family..

The folks Frank & Loretta (who owns this place) stays right in one the cottages in there..They are so accommodating and helpful... Actually I disturbed them in the night to get some charcoal for the barbeque.. :) Sorry about that Guys..
I surely felt like I was in a place where I have been earlier, I was more feeling like I knew them. They are so friendly..

I will surely visit this place again...I recommend it guys.. Best Family resort..

Room Tip: We stayed at the 3 Bedroom Log house and we enjoyed it.. Its very quiet and peaceful environment in...