“AWFUL!!!!!!.Need to contact BBB and Department of Health”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackburns Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Blackburns Resort
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Dallas, Texas
“AWFUL!!!!!!.Need to contact BBB and Department of Health”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

We left 3 days early. This was suppose to be a very special occasion to celebrate a family member 50th birthday. The highlight was suppose to be the Pontoon boat saturday afternoon, we rented for a week.The owner or whoever this man was that was to oversee maintainence was very rude when he came to fix this crappy boat.He told everyone "GET OFF" so he could look at the boat . .Mind you..we had 3 small children with us and they could'nt understand why this man was being mean.He accuse us of putting water in the gas tank....Ok..common sense will tell you,WHY???would we load up children and family to go on a day on fishing and water sports, only to jeopardize the day of fun by putting water in the gas? Get real. We ask for another Pontoon but they did'nt compensate nor give us a refund. 3 hours later.. they had one available, however the children were down for naps and we had dinner reservation in 3 hours. Wasted day.
The rooms were a joke, my niece found a tampon applicator under the bed.There were roaches, grass needed to be mown.Then the toilet would'nt flush, we reported this ,The woman running the place,came by, used a plunger then left it in the middle of the bathroom,WOW.. We just wanted a "partial" refund on the Pontoon that did'nt run and the cabins, so that we could rent a motel for 1 night for a decent night sleep.They refused to accomodate us in any way. VERY BAD BUSINESS ETHICS!!.
I hope this help one family from throwing their money away. BBB and Dept.of Health will be getting numerous complaints.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
12 Thank auntCC63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Yazoo City, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

Blackburns Resort is the destination of choice for me and my whole family. We have four boys, ages: 18, 16, 9 and 6. With such a wide span of ages, it was always hard to find a vacation spot where everyone could enjoy themselves. Blackburns fit the bill!

We have never been disappointed there. The wonderful service, cleanliness, value and entertainment are always outstanding. Situated on Lake Norfork, there is always something to do, whether it's fishing, boating, diving, taking nature walks, or just relaxing and spending quality time as a family. It's such a beautiful place and the staff are so friendly they feel like family. We never want for a thing, because they anticipate our needs.

My husband and I have been going to Blackburns for around 10 years now, and hope to continue as often as possible in the future. There's no place we'd rather go to enjoy ourselves and our family. I highly recommend Blackburns as your next vacation spot!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimberly1974
Altoona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Do you ever ask yourself where can my spouse or my other significant and your children can go and just relax for a few days and still be close to a walmart and some restaurants and maybe do some fishing and swimming in a nice pool and do some grilling out and still stay in a nice clean place with nice friendly people who own the resort and do fish fry's with their guest's and still stay at a reasonable rate. Here is the place for you. Blackburns resort in Mountain Homes Arkansas. We will definitely be going back again this fall. Thank you Steve and Debbie for all your hospitatlity what a great time we had and your cabins for being older wow are really nice and clean and has everything updated in them has everything you could ask for. I caught really nice fish here also and big. My dog loved it here also no mosquitos.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Blueyes51
New Lenox, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We are the parents and grandparents of Susan from Illinois .Spending a week each summer on Lake Norfork has been a family trip for 8 years.During our summer trip, we have had as many as 20 family members staying at one resort for the week. Lake Norfork is our families favorite group vacation. During these past 8 years we have stayed at 4 different resorts. This was the first time we had stayed at Blackburns. My husband,son , and I stayed in a cabin,our son and daughter in law with their two small children stayed in the trailer. And althought my cabin was clean, I could not have stayed in that trailer.The trailer is run down, dirty and bug infested.There was someones old cigarette butts in the dresser, and old food under the sofa. In the years we have at Lake Norfork we have never had a complaint or problem . We always have had a good relationship with the owners and leave the resort as clean or cleaner than when we arrived. My husband travels each spring with a group of 13 fisherman and the same can be said for that group. We are not the type of people who would destroy someone elses property. so the remark that we intentionally broke the boat seat is very untrue and unfair. We will continue to vacation on Lake Norfork each summer, but will not be vacationing at Blackburn Resort.

\

excuse for old food, dead bugs and

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Betty36441
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

first of all i want to say that the lady who runs the office was very nice. that being said, i found blackburns to be very rough.

starting with the boating facilities, the road leading back to the docks is in pretty poor condition, with large run-off craters cut through it. it beat the heck out of the car everytime we went back there.

we also rented a boat there, one of their pontoons. these are about as rustic as they come.

the steering cable on the boat we rented was all cracked, and as a result water got in it and caused rust. this rust inhibits the ease of steering and requires a fair amount of effort to steer. this has been damaged for sometime, you can tell these things if you are familiar with boats.

the boats deck was a patch work of uneven layers of wood or something that had outdoor carpet streched over it, and my friend i was with stepped on the tip of a screw sticking up from the floor.

the seats were in poor condition, but truthfully i was just happy there was a padded surface to sit on, as the pontoon next to ours had what looked like wooden park benches for seats.

the throttle controls for this boat were in dire need of work. from the neutral posistion it was 4 inches forward before it would start to move, and it had the identical funtion in reverse. this control was also very hard to move forward and back, which made it fun pulling the boat back into the dock, which i did end up running into as a result of this poor function. only to have the guy handling the boats yell at me like its my fault their boat is garbage. sorry guy, but its your junky boat not my driving. i have been driving boats and docking them for 10 years, and i have never had to drive a boat in that bad of shape. i dont know how in good concience you rent that out to people.

other frustrating things about the rental boat were, the fact that this lake is like 80 feet deep on average and they give you an anchor with 25-30 feet of rope.....yeah! the" fuel ecinomical" 50 hp motor is not fuel ecinomical, its just slow. the patchwork sun-top is infested with spiders, as soon as night fell they began dropping out of it like little parachuters. my nav lights went out while out night fishing and i had to drive back with my friend holding a lantern up so people could see us. and the fish finder is garbage.

also, they didnt leave the lights on at their boat dock at night! the only thing harder than docking that junk boat was doing it in the dark. fortunatly the only light on the dock i could get to work was a motion sensored one which lit up as brite as day after you walked off the dock to the parking area.....oh and did i mention that the motion sensored light emits a super loud alarm, good times.

i might be wrong, but im pretty sure when it comes to fishing this guy dosent know what he is talking about. his answer in all the 3 days in a row we couldnt find fish was use a jigging spoon. as i came to find out from talking to locals, the best bite is on the south end of the lake, near the dam this time of year. about 22 miles away (on water). now i might be wrong about his fishing expertise, but the people i talked to who tournament fish on that lake said they wouldnt consider fishing anywhere north of diamond cove (about 8-10 miles away on water) this time of year. though a jigging spoon works well, when it came to where to go, what to look for, or anything past the bait he didnt know much. i felt bad for our nieghbors at the resort, they had been there 7 or 8 days and hadnt caught anything at all, not because the lake has poor fishing, but because the "fishing expert" of the resort dosent know what the heck to do or where to go, he only knows jigging spoons. the question i had was, "what qualifies him to give fish reports?"

oh....and if you think 22 miles is easy because it goes so fast in a car, if your in a pontoon prepare to be surprised.
aside from that i found the cabins to be allright. kinda dirty and dusty, big crickets everywhere. not the worst i have ever seen, kinda what i have come to expect after renting cabins at resorts like this all over the country. also no phone in room and bad reception on cell, be aware.

all in all i wouldnt go back.
if you want ammenities look elsewhere.
advise i would give?
bring your own boat so you can drive it closer to where the fish are and just put in at one of the MANY boat ramps, depending on time of year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank thatguy123
Benton, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

Our kids loved this place (and if I were a child I probably would have too), My husband and I did not. We paid for two nights and stayed only one. I had to make a trip to the local Wal-Mart to purchase sheets I felt comfotable sleeping in. The boat dock situation was a real pain and the launching ramp was pitiful. The 24 hour game room consisted of an old pool table and ancient computer. There were at least three cat food bowls sitting around on the tables and a sign on the door instructs you to leave the door cracked for the cats. On one occassion I saw the cat (I only ever saw one) using the sand box on the playground as a litter box. Several charges I was not made aware of up front. Charged $50 on a boat rental even though we let her know a day in advance that we would not be needing it. We will not be back. However, to be fair, if you know what you are getting into up front I can see how other people would enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank blahblahblah3
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Blackburns Resort last year and had a great time. This year our families met and spent a week at the resort. The children just loved it! We've been home for a couple of weeks and they are still talking about it and asking when we can go back. We would like to thank Steve and Debbie for making our stay so pleasurable. With Steve's tips on fishing, the guys caught some real nice walleye and crappie. We have stayed at quite a few resorts on Lake Norfork and the whole family agrees, next year will will meet at Blackburns again. One more thing, if you go and stay for the week, their fish fry on Wed. night is great. Its like one big family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family