“A Comfortable Night”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Arkansas
“A Comfortable Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I were traveling through northern Arkansas and decided to spend the night in Mountain Home. The motel was clean and easy to find. The room was comfortable and the free breakfast was very good. If in Mountain Home again we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We checked in this evening. The highlight was the freshly made chocolate chip cookies.

The property is four years old and what you would expect - a typical Hampton Inn. The bathroom is very small but clean - no mildew, etc.

Room 304 - is supposed to be a queen size bed, however, it looks more like a double to me. The room is very compact / small. It contains a flat screen television, microwave / fridge/ iron & ironing board.

Of four lamps in the room, two were not working. I asked for new blubs, and the front desk man delivered two. Three lights now work and the fourth one doesn't even with a new bulb.

I looked up to the ceiling and there was a piece of black tape about 4 inches long x 2 inches wide partially covering a circular hole. THAT really bothered me. (It appears to be where some sort of small light fixture should be.) I pointed this out to the front desk agent. I know he really couldn't do anything, but said he would make a note of it.

It appears the hotel has a minimal staff. Front desk agent (Tim?) was very accomodating and doing the best he could.

Room Tip: There is a Holiday Inn Express next door if you're interested.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CtYankee51
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I arrived @ 9 pm with a guaranteed reservation. The desk clerk was away, and it took her a while to realize I was there; whereupon I was greeted very tepidly. I have always stayed at places in this town in which the clerks were effusive and welcoming, providing maps and diagrams and acting as if they were glad to see me. Not the case here. My room was on the third floor; ice machines are on the first and second floor--not convenient. I also discovered that THERE WAS NO BATHTUB: shower only. When I finally finished my odysseys for ice and vending and went to bed, I was appalled to find myself sinking into a way-too-soft mattress, the final insult.
Breakfast was nicely done; kudos to the gentleman who carefully tended to it. He puts the rest of the place in the shade. This was my first---and last--- stay at the Hampton in Mtn. Home. I don't need the Hilton reward points that badly. It's back to the Comfort Inn where they always have smiles and free popcorn to welcome me; and I can take a long, hot bath.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Michael646808
Savannah, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

After calling numerous hotels in the area we decided on staying at the Hampton Inn. The price for the area we thought was a little high but after checking in and seeing the room we knew it was well worth the cost. The room was smaller than we expected but very cozy and perfect for us. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and updated. We immediatley headed for the indoor pool which was wonderful. The only negative comment we can say about this location would be the breakfast choices as we were expecting more options. If I had to do it all over again I would choose this location time and time again. Beautiful rooms, great service, your home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here while on a business trip in Mountain Home. Service was very good. The rooms were clean and modern. Good location with respect to town. Great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have stayed in quite a few Hampton Inn's and this one just wasn't up to the standards of the others. There wasn't really anything wrong with it but when you compare to others it was a bit of a let down. They don't have any King beds, and the room had only a shower no bathtub and they are much smaller than others..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CastellanosML
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here! I thought the accomodations were very nice and very clean. Susie at the front desk was so incredibly nice and I thought the breakfast was great! I was not expecting there to be so many options. I have had crummy continental breakfasts before, but this was not one of them. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 16 in Mountain Home
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
Twin Lakes Inn and Resort
#4 of 5 in Lakeview

Been to Hampton Inn Mountain Home? Share your experiences!