“Disappointing”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Mountain Home
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I arrived @ 9 pm with a guaranteed reservation. The desk clerk was away, and it took her a while to realize I was there; whereupon I was greeted very tepidly. I have always stayed at places in this town in which the clerks were effusive and welcoming, providing maps and diagrams and acting as if they were glad to see me. Not the case here. My room was on the third floor; ice machines are on the first and second floor--not convenient. I also discovered that THERE WAS NO BATHTUB: shower only. When I finally finished my odysseys for ice and vending and went to bed, I was appalled to find myself sinking into a way-too-soft mattress, the final insult.
Breakfast was nicely done; kudos to the gentleman who carefully tended to it. He puts the rest of the place in the shade. This was my first---and last--- stay at the Hampton in Mtn. Home. I don't need the Hilton reward points that badly. It's back to the Comfort Inn where they always have smiles and free popcorn to welcome me; and I can take a long, hot bath.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Michael646808

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After calling numerous hotels in the area we decided on staying at the Hampton Inn. The price for the area we thought was a little high but after checking in and seeing the room we knew it was well worth the cost. The room was smaller than we expected but very cozy and perfect for us. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and updated. We immediatley headed for the indoor pool which was wonderful. The only negative comment we can say about this location would be the breakfast choices as we were expecting more options. If I had to do it all over again I would choose this location time and time again. Beautiful rooms, great service, your home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here while on a business trip in Mountain Home. Service was very good. The rooms were clean and modern. Good location with respect to town. Great value for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have stayed in quite a few Hampton Inn's and this one just wasn't up to the standards of the others. There wasn't really anything wrong with it but when you compare to others it was a bit of a let down. They don't have any King beds, and the room had only a shower no bathtub and they are much smaller than others..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CastellanosML
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here! I thought the accomodations were very nice and very clean. Susie at the front desk was so incredibly nice and I thought the breakfast was great! I was not expecting there to be so many options. I have had crummy continental breakfasts before, but this was not one of them. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are not your standard Hampton Inn size they are much smaller. No King beds are available. We had to move twice before we got an acceptable room. I wouldn't stay here again. When I mentioned their 100% satisfaction guarantee I was told to speak to the manager in the morning - when I did that she said, you should have mentioned it last night as there is nothing we can do now. A letter to the corporate office did get me a free night from Hampton Inns, but this particular hotel is not up to their standards. I usually love Hampton Inn as you know what you are going to get but this hotel wasn't what I expected.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank mountainhomegirl
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Now that I know there are options in Mountain Home, I'll look before I'd stay here again. Front desk staff was either great or not great. Bring ear plugs, the walls are paper thin. The "hot" breakfast needs work. Yucky eggs and something called a bagel topper that looked challenging. Bed was fine. Place was clean. I'd give it a straight average. Nothing remarkable.

Room Tip: Take 3rd floor. This is one of those places where you can hear through the walls so I suspect you...