El Chico Cafe
Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Mountain Home
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are open late and can easily accommodate large groups. We have ample parking (boats, buses, RV's welcome)and have a great kids menu selection (Mac and Cheese, chicken strips, burgers, etc.) and a many American items to please everyone in the group. We have a full bar with the best margaritas in town. We hope you'll join us!El Chico Cafe provides an upscale dining experience, serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh, new specialties of today. Conveniently located on Hwy 412/62 bypass in front of Home Depot and across from WalMart Supercenter.A Mexican food tradition since 1940 has grown into more than 75 restaurants, including more than 25 franchise locations. The El Chico story began when Adelaida Cuellar's homemade tamales drew huge crowds at a small county fair in 1926. Her sons opened a cafe in Dallas,following their mother's recipes for enchiladas with chile con carnesauce. Today, El Chico is still serving top-quality Mexican food favorites with fresh new specialties of today.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went here with my family for my moms birthday and had a great time. The food was good and the service was friendly and we left with togo boxes! Well be back!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Though the service was really very friendly, the food was less than average. I ordered a salad, the waiter brought it out but the kitchen had forgotten to add everything to the lettuce. Burritos were too spicy. Tacos were bland. The guacamole was sour cream, avocado and tomato. Just wasn't impressed at all by the food.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This afternoon I had the Chicken Monterrey breast with rice and sautéed vegetables for under $12 and the plate was empty when finished. The fried ice cream inside a cinnamon sugar dusted shell topped with hot fudge, whipped cream & a cherry will have you coming back. If that is more than you can eat, try the Crispy Chicken Taco Salad for lunch.

Highly Recommend, Hovenall (Spelling?) and Sandy are great managers and courteous like helping me with handicap wife. Bartender Jeremy and Juanita have us coming back every week for the last year and a half. We do not want to leave out Abe either.

Service is the best in town, you can sit and enjoy your meal, and if it is not on the menu, just ask and they will try and provide it for you

2  Thank Kay A
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I was not a fan of this place , neither was the other 3 people witn me. The salsa and chips taste like they could be got at walmart . They cheese Enchilada was more onion than anything.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love this place, I enjoy the food, the wait staff are always nice, and the manager is always walking around to table to table to make sure your meal is to your liking and that you're enjoying your whole eating experince. He also make's this unbelievable salsa! It isn't the salsa that is automatically served to you upon your arrival...you have to ask for it. It's hot and spicy and has an awesome flavor...just the way I like it. Everyting I've tried is excellent.

2  Thank Lovefinedining19