All reviewslake ouachitamountain harborhorseback ridinghot tubboat rentalsfamily reunionfishing guidegreat view of the lakecatfishguest roomsrelaxing stayback porchhome away from homethe cottagescondolodgepati
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Mountain Harbor is the best choice you can make if you want world class accommodations, exceeded only by their level of service. The natural beauty of the woods on the lake adds serenity as a backdrop, while the family operated resort treats you like royal family. Professionalism in every detail was delivered with warmth from the entire staff, including Turtle Cove Spa. Adriane, our Event Coordinator, is surely the Angel of Hospitality, and took excellent care of all 30 of us, while Chef Chris created menus to suit this group's diverse dietary needs. And the best catfish I ever tasted! We stayed in the Harbor North C20 cabin - Luxurious comfort, exquisitely decorated, tons of amenities, environmentally friendly, huge hot tub, and the most comfortable bed I ever slept on. I loved the Pavilion for group campfires on the lake at night, plus it's a beautiful spot for weddings/family reunions. I had the pleasure of meeting Bill, the owner, who made us feel like family right away. I even spotted him helping out in the restaurant on Sunday. My only regret is that the week went too fast! All of our future events will be based at Mountain Harbor Resort. We love you!

Room Tip: Every room's a winner at Mountain Harbor.
1  Thank Arielle T
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your terrific and heartfelt review of Mountain Harbor. We all so enjoyed the honor and the privilege of serving all of your beautiful ladies. Your graciousness and courtesy were so appreciated by our staff. We miss you! Looking forward to welcoming you back in the spring of '13!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our group of 30 just returned from our 7 day stay at Mountain Harbor Resort and we can't wait to return! From Day 1 of planning this trip their staff was extremely accommodating and made sure that anything we would possibly need was taken care of, Adriane is especially wonderful and we are very grateful for everything she did for our group to make sure our experience was great. The resort itself is nestled way back off of the main road on Lake Ouachita and gives ample opportunity to see wildlife and gaze at the stars at night. They have accommodations for every budget which is nice, our group stayed at Harbor North and those cabins are absolutely beautiful, our group didn't even want to participate in activities away from the resort, they just wanted to hang out at their beautiful cabins and enjoy nature! We can not rave anymore about this place and it's people, everything is just perfect there and we are already planning a return trip for next Spring. Mountain Harbor Resort will be the only place that we stay from now on and we highly recommend them to anybody, whether you're by yourself or a large group, that is searching for accommodations in this area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, the lodge rooms are the most affordable but they are still beautiful and offer a lake view. The top notch area is Harbor North and those are GORGEOUS and it is on a private peninsula. Everything in between is also gorgeous, you really can't choose wrong here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Tammy, we miss you! We so much enjoyed having you and your group with us here at Harbor - it just doesn't feel the same without you. You were all such a lovely, gracious gather of beautiful women and we felt truly blessed by your presence. We are so looking forward to working with you on your group this spring. Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. See you again, soon! Pati

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I loved my condo in the woods at Harbor East. The property is very large and there were very few people there in mid-October. It was very quiet and very dark at night so made for great sleeping. The trees were just turning. Most of the staff was friendly and nice. My friend and I had a two bedroom two bath place for a special of $125 a night. What a deal! We had plenty of room to spread out. I really didn't want to leave. The Joplin store at the main street has weekday specials that I enjoyed. It was close enough to crystal shopping at Mt. Ida and Jessieville and the mineral baths at Hot Springs. We didn't have internet in the room which was a little challenging. We had to use the laudry room for internet access as the lodge closed at 8pm. There were a few maintenance issues which were promptly fixed. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Loved the quiet condo rooms in the woods. There are tons of choices here so choose well.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the wonderful review, Karen! We are so happy that you were pleased ...and that you took the time to write such a nice review! This time of year, especially when it is so beautiful with all the fall colors, we are especailly tickled to have the opportunity to offer special rates and packages. We hope you will come and see us again!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our group of 5 went to work/train on this beautiful lake. This resort is full of energy from the wild life all around to the dedicated staff that welcomed us upon arrival and treated us like family. We stayed in an immaculate 3BR/3Bath cabin (ask for C7) that was fully equipped with amenities plus. The view was beautiful. There were deer every where and very peaceful. Bill and Rita were excellent in handling our accommodation needs and answered all concerns both prior to arrival and during visit. If in this area or not, you need to visit this resort.

Room Tip: C7 is away from main marina but is visible from your deck with hot tub.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your warm, wonderful review! We so much enjoyed having your team here with us! We appreciate you choosing Harbor for your training session. We love the abundant wildlife, too and are truly grateful that we have the opportunity to live and work in such a beautiful environment. We hope to see you back again, soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I will and have always loved you guys. I have been on Lake Ouachita since I was a baby this is my home away from home my children know everyone on Dock S and everyone in the office, and at the Marina. You are really a part of the family. When my father passed away a year ago. I came strait here and hid out for 2 weeks too deal with it left to get my affairs in order for a week and came back another 2 week. You helped the kids and myself and husband more than you will ever know. I could feel him with us the whole time we where there. I went to chrystal as well, because this is where my dad became in love with Lake Ouachita, we had a home away from home a originally had one of the boats Tommy is very close to our family as well. I can say that I love Mt.Harbor just as much, nothing beats this place during the 4 of July. Everyone is nice and I love the fact that my puppy can stay with you guys in the office she loves you too! When we want to go straight to the restraunt after we get docked and dont have to go straight to the Condo to drop her off I know she is getting spoiled beyond repair. At the Marina it is just as wonderful everyone is very nice and really care about you it is not just a job to you guys, you treat everyone like family. You can see that you are doing your best to keep this a place to remember. Thankyou and see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review! You've touched on everything that we try to accomplish in our service and our committment to our customers - especially our desire to nurture the feeling of family in everything we do. We are a big family and many of our staff have been here 20+ years. It's a huge matter of pride to us when someone calls us family. From all of the staff and families of Harbor, thank you for being a friend...and thank you for being a part of our Harbor family.