$69
$66
Daisy Motel(Kirby)(Great Value!)
$68
Orbitz.com
Country Inn Lake Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
$52
Hotels.com
$99
Home2.com
All reviewslake ouachitamountain harborhorseback ridinghot tubboat rentalsfamily reunionfishing guidegreat view of the lakecatfishguest roomsrelaxing stayback porchhome away from homethe cottagescondolodgepati
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I loved my condo in the woods at Harbor East. The property is very large and there were very few people there in mid-October. It was very quiet and very dark at night so made for great sleeping. The trees were just turning. Most of the staff was friendly and nice. My friend and I had a two bedroom two bath place for a special of $125 a night. What a deal! We had plenty of room to spread out. I really didn't want to leave. The Joplin store at the main street has weekday specials that I enjoyed. It was close enough to crystal shopping at Mt. Ida and Jessieville and the mineral baths at Hot Springs. We didn't have internet in the room which was a little challenging. We had to use the laudry room for internet access as the lodge closed at 8pm. There were a few maintenance issues which were promptly fixed. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Loved the quiet condo rooms in the woods. There are tons of choices here so choose well.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review, Karen! We are so happy that you were pleased ...and that you took the time to write such a nice review! This time of year, especially when it is so beautiful with all the fall colors, we are especailly tickled to have the opportunity to offer special rates and packages. We hope you will come and see us again!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our group of 5 went to work/train on this beautiful lake. This resort is full of energy from the wild life all around to the dedicated staff that welcomed us upon arrival and treated us like family. We stayed in an immaculate 3BR/3Bath cabin (ask for C7) that was fully equipped with amenities plus. The view was beautiful. There were deer every where and very peaceful. Bill and Rita were excellent in handling our accommodation needs and answered all concerns both prior to arrival and during visit. If in this area or not, you need to visit this resort.

Room Tip: C7 is away from main marina but is visible from your deck with hot tub.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your warm, wonderful review! We so much enjoyed having your team here with us! We appreciate you choosing Harbor for your training session. We love the abundant wildlife, too and are truly grateful that we have the opportunity to live and work in such a beautiful environment. We hope to see you back again, soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I will and have always loved you guys. I have been on Lake Ouachita since I was a baby this is my home away from home my children know everyone on Dock S and everyone in the office, and at the Marina. You are really a part of the family. When my father passed away a year ago. I came strait here and hid out for 2 weeks too deal with it left to get my affairs in order for a week and came back another 2 week. You helped the kids and myself and husband more than you will ever know. I could feel him with us the whole time we where there. I went to chrystal as well, because this is where my dad became in love with Lake Ouachita, we had a home away from home a originally had one of the boats Tommy is very close to our family as well. I can say that I love Mt.Harbor just as much, nothing beats this place during the 4 of July. Everyone is nice and I love the fact that my puppy can stay with you guys in the office she loves you too! When we want to go straight to the restraunt after we get docked and dont have to go straight to the Condo to drop her off I know she is getting spoiled beyond repair. At the Marina it is just as wonderful everyone is very nice and really care about you it is not just a job to you guys, you treat everyone like family. You can see that you are doing your best to keep this a place to remember. Thankyou and see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review! You've touched on everything that we try to accomplish in our service and our committment to our customers - especially our desire to nurture the feeling of family in everything we do. We are a big family and many of our staff have been here 20+ years. It's a huge matter of pride to us when someone calls us family. From all of the staff and families of Harbor, thank you for being a friend...and thank you for being a part of our Harbor family.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at Mountain Harbor. We originally booked a King Studio at the Lodge but were able to take advantage of a condo special and upgrade to one of the 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom condos. Everyone (staff and guests alike) were very friendly; it definitely felt like we were being welcomed into part of a family. Here are some specifics:

1. The condo. We stayed in one of the condos in East Harbor by Turtle Cove Spa. There were four units in each building with parking in front. Once inside the condo, you felt completely secluded and surrounded by the beautiful trees. It was nice to be able to step outside and realize you were only a short walk from the spa, the lake, and the workout circuit. We met one of the owners of the other condos while unloading our car and they were very friendly and invited us to knock on their door if we needed anything. I think this speaks to the hospitality of the area. There was also a pool by the spa, but we choose to swim at the Lodge pool since there seemed to be more children for our son to play with. The kitchen was very well stocked. The dishes were newer, and there was dish detergent and dishwasher cubes. My only complaint about the room was that it had a slightly "musty" odor when we first arrived. I think this is to be expected (given the rustic setting and proximity to the lake), and a few sprays of Febreze took care of it. The shower pressure was wonderful and the AC (it was just under 100 degrees the weekend we were there) was cold. There was also a deck outside with a grill and table with four chairs. We didn't use the deck because we were so busy and it was hot. If you want to use the deck at night I would recommend some type of bug spray or repellent since you are literally sitting in the trees.

2. The Lodge. Up at Lodge there are two pools - a tiny kiddie pool and a larger pool in back between the Lodge and the marina. The restaurant is in the Lodge and the food is really good. They have a nice soup/salad bar that comes with most entrees or can be ordered separately. It was nice to be able to keep my family filled up with veggies - so often during vacation we eat unhealthy meals. At least one night try the huge sundae with the fudge brownie - YUM!! Across the parking lot from the Lodge is a laundry room and a small playground for kids. One of my favorite spots was on the deck outside the restaurant; I took a few minutes and sat outside with a glass of wine on a rocking chair overlooking the lake. Beautiful!! The Lodge also has "supplies" for purchase - we forgot bug spray and were able to stock up. Other than the outer deck area, I didn't see a "common" area that you find in some lodges (with a fireplace, chairs for socializing, books/videos to borrow, etc.) This area might exist but we didn't see one.

3. The Marina. Wow - the floating store and Subway are really great. Over the course of the weekend we purchased gallons of water for taking onto the lake, snacks, paper cups, sandwich bags, and two life jackets for our son (a traditional one and one for water play.) They also had convenience groceries, water sports supplies, and fishing supplies. It seemed very well-stocked, which is helpful because the nearest store is several miles away (and honestly, is not as well stocked.) Another favorite experience was taking our Subway sandwiches out onto the back dock and taking in the million-dollar view. You cannot help but relax in that setting. Obviously the prices are higher since it is on resort property but we it was worth the convenience.

4. The grounds. We drove around and explored the grounds our first morning. Make sure to check out the view from Micah's point (North Harbor). The Joplin campground area has a nice swimming area; we saw several families with young children swimming there. I'm sure there are many more neat spots but we didn't have time to see it all.

5. The lake. Another wow! I grew up boating on several lakes in Phoenix, AZ. None of those can compare to the beauty of Lake Ouachita. It really is stunning and peaceful. To save money, we drove about 30 miles to Lake Ouachita State Park and rented a 16-ft. fishing boat from the marina ($70 for a full day). The state park also has a pontoon boat for rent that is much cheaper. It took us about 45 minutes to get there one way, but was worth the money savings for us. Even though we weren't renting a boat from the Mountain Harbor marina, the staff at the marina took several minutes to tell us about the lake and recommend places to visit. They are the reason we went out to Hotel Island, which was perfect - easy to find and shallow water for swimming.

All in all a great family getaway! Here are a few more tips that we will remember for next time:

- remember all the supplies (ice chest, sunblock, hats, bug spray)

-remember it is a rustic setting - we went in the middle of the late-summer "spider" season. We could tell the condo had been treated for pest control because many of the "critters" we saw inside were dead, but we did have to share the condo with several 8-legged friends. I am more calm about this now than I was then! Next time I head into relative "wilderness," I will bring peppermint essential oil (as I have heard it repels the spiders).

-even if you are newbies like us you should probably bring some basic camping supplies to spend the day on the lake (e.g. a snake bite kit). We were talking to some fellow guests at the pool who saw some cottonmouths out on the lake. We didn't see any but it pays to be prepared.

-Remember MH is in a dry county. If you do not bring your own wine/beer/etc., you can head out to Lewis Liquor, about 8 miles back down the 270 and over the county line.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Lodge rooms seem to be more in the center of activity but have a few of the lake/marina. The condos are pretty secluded.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lalagirl22
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have visited Mountain Harbor for 3 years and just love it! I am about to make other reservations for a fall trip. The folks there are so friendly and professional and the cabins are so clean and comfortable! Cant wait to get back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jtreegrl
sparesort, Manager at Mountain Harbor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thanks for the terrific review! We're so glad you're coming back to see us this fall!