“I hate to be the one to say it, but...”
Review of Mt. Ida Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Ida
Mt. Ida Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mount Ida
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This motel is the epitome of nasty. A lot of sketchy people live in this motel because it's so cheap, and it is notorious for drug busts. At one time, someone had a chicken living in one of the rooms with them, no joke.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
13  Thank Helpful99

Reviewed July 18, 2010

Website states $22 per night single room. When I arrived, the office had a sign stating "Go To Room 20". Room 20 had a sign etched in crayon stating "Go To Room 18". Went to Room 18 and obviously interupted some "personal" event between night manager and boyfriend. When they opened the door, the smell about knocked me down ! I reluctantly asked about a room and was told $55 per night !!! When I mentioned the website, she said "I don't know nuttin bout that cause it's $55 from me". It was late and I asked if I could see a room anyway but the manager said all the rooms looked like hers. I don't live higher class but I would not house my dogs in the room she showed me (hers). There were cars in various states of repair and junk/ equipment scattered around the parking areas and was CREEPY, VERY CREEPY to say the least.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
17  Thank Faltitude
Reviewed July 12, 2010

It smelled horrible, there were bugs in the mattress, and the innkeepers were very creepy.
Unfortunately i got scammed by these people, but you don't have to!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank bsursicsim
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Couldnt wait to leave. Room had no heat, woke up freezing the next morning. Room smelled like cat urine. Didnt hardly sleep at all. Reminded me of the Bates Motel in the movine "Physco".

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank lisa0004
Reviewed April 8, 2009

This place has got to be the all-time worst hotel i have ever stayed at in my entire life! Here is a long, detailed account of my stay, found at this link:

You may have to copy and paste the URL into your browser search bar.

Please heed my advice, and don't learn your lesson the hard way like I did!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank AMY_AND_JOHN_9
Reviewed July 13, 2008

For starters the room smelled like mildew and cigarette smoke. Jacuzzi had been put in where the closet had been, and in our relatives' room there was a tub in the bedroom itself. Sink would not drain, toilet would not flush, and the shower knob came off in your hand. Whole place was full of piles of junk and filthy dirty. As I said, run away!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank madmast

Been to Mt. Ida Motel? Share your experiences!