“My New Favorite Vaca Spot”

Petit Jean State Park
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Morrilton
More attraction details
Owner description: The beauty of Petit Jean Mountain and the surrounding area led to the formation of a state park system in Arkansas in 1923.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We loved this state park! Hope to visit again soon. The people were so friendly. We stayed in a duplex and it was great!

1  Thank goldwinggirl701
There are newer reviews for Petit Jean State Park

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We didn't expect to see fall colors this late in Nov, but surprisingly Petit Jean is pretty with fall colors. We went on several hikes (Rock House Cave, Bear Cave, and Cedar Creek trail), and the view was magnificent! We stayed at Mather Lodge cabin - it even has a fireplace built by the CCC in the 30s, and the lodge provided a bundle of firewood - really enjoyed the peace and quiet by the fireplace. We ate at the restaurant at Mather Lodge. For breakfast, we had to wait for a long time (close to an hour) for the food after we ordered it. But for dinner, the food came much faster. All in all, this is a great place to get away from your busy, city life.

1  Thank Fung C
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spectactular views across Arkansas with the added interest of the tragic love story.
Some problems with the lunch order but credit to the restaurant staff for their response.
Special trip with friends.....happy memories overall.

1  Thank msox106
Reviewed November 17, 2012

A beautiful place to spend a crisp fall day. Newly remodeled Mather Lodge had reasonably priced food and one of the best sunset views around.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was not prepared for the weekend that I had at Petit Jean! I decided on a whim to take my 7 and 4 year old sons to Petit Jean after we saw a live show in Little Rock on a thursday night 3 weeks ago. I was able to get a room at Cedar Falls Motel, which is only 1/2 mile from the park sign. It was a great spot for us to stay. My boyfriend joined us with his very large dog and the setting was perfect for the 5 of us. At Petit Jean we took 3 guided hikes and atleast 4 hikes alone. The boys were able to keep up, even when we hiked 2 miles into Seven Hollow Trail on Friday night at dark. The beauty was simply amazing here. We had breakfast at Mather Lodge both mornings. I simply was not prepared for the massive colors and beauty we experienced. It was Halloween weekend, the leaves were turning, the wind was blowing and the views were amazing. Strongly encourage others to take their families.

6  Thank Jaime H