“hard work, good stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Monticello
BRISTOL
“hard work, good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

the bed was a little hard on the back but everything else was top notch! super clean rooms, great service and the entire hotel was neat as a pin.

I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Andy14419, General Manager at Super 8 Monticello AR, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Super 8 Monticello. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff greatly appreciates your kind words, and looks forward to your future stays.

Muldrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was in town to do some work the next day so I just needed a a good room to get some rest. The night clerk was nice enough, but would not take my AAA card, so I paid the full rate, it was late 10:30pm so I didn't argue too much. There were a lot of people talking loud and shouting back and forth from the parking lot to the balcony; nothing hostile, just family and friends being loud. Still it makes you wonder if this is the place to stay. I would have thought the manager would enforce the quiet hours, but I guess not. Anyway, I got a king room on the back side and it was quieter, but you could still hear the loud talking through the walls, but I adapted and wore earplugs. Room was clean, bathroom was clean and in good repair, cable tv good, AC good and quiet, the bed was just OK. The breakfast was a nice surprise, I expected donughts and coffee, but they had a good bit more, kind of a cramped serving area but you can take it outside or to the lobby. The motel is located in the center of town so everything is close (hey its Monticello..nothing is too far away). My son stayed here for two weeks while working and he had no complaints, liked the staff, etc. So my experience here might have just been bad timing. I paid $72 for a king, should have been $60.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank redlandfd
Andy14419, General Manager at Super 8 Monticello AR, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Super 8 Monticello. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We thank you for your feedback, and stive to improve.
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We rented two rooms. Check-in was great, as was the courtesy call and staff. Breakfast was okay. The pool was clean but could use some revamping (see picture). The first room was clean and smelled fine. The floors did leave my feet dirty, the phone wouldn't work, the shower rod was attached to a board that was coming away from the wall on both sides, and there was mold on the bathroom ceiling.

The second room, however, looked clean...until further inspection. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and the floors left our feet dirty as well, but there was more. The side chair and desk chair was ripped so bad they should be replaced. The smell was unbearable and air freshener couldn't cover it up. There was a chunk of something brown on the bedspread so we know it hadn't been replaced from the last guests. There were also handcuffs left from previous guests in the towel rack (see picture). Looks like housekeeping was in a hurry!

All in all, this was a good place for the price if you get the first room we had. At first look, everything looks nice because they have painted and updated their linens. It isn't until you look closely that you realize they rig everything up to get by. It was rough around the edges but okay for a quick stop-over.

The Mexican restaurant in front of the hotel was good. Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree are across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle H
Andy14419, General Manager at Super 8 Monticello AR, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Super 8 Monticello. We do apologize for any inconvenience your stay may have caused you. The Management Staff corrected and took steps with Maintenance and Housekeeping to ensure these issues do not occur again. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to improve.
Hammond, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were just passing through on our way to Branson and had planned to stop for the night. The hotel rates were far below anything else in the area. We read the other reviews on TripAdvisor and decided that overall it looked like a good spot. The hotel is conveniently located with a Mexican Restaurant in the building in front. The room was very clean and comfortable. The wifi was fast and overall everything was great. It did get a little loud in the morning as their were two trucks parked on the side we were on and they made quite a bit of racket getting started. But the room was on the back side with a wooded lot behind us, so there were no street noise at all.
I would highly recommend this room to anyone who is budget conscious and is looking for a good place to spend the night. Oh, and the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Super 8 Monticello AR, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank You for your comments, and thank you for chosing to stay with us at Super 8 Monticello. We looking forward to welcoming you again. We do apologize for the noise you experienced and strive to improve. We are happy that you enjoyed your room and made use of our wifi service. Our staff thanks you for your kind words, and hopes you will visit us again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your reviews, and thank you for chosing to stay with us at Super 8 Monticello. We apologize for not having a timely response to your review. We welcome all inquires or suggestions and value your opinion.
NW AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Despite where the hotel appears on the tripadvisor's map (several hotels don't appear to be in their correct locations, as I look at the map), it is actually a few blocks north of Gaines Ave/US 278, just off of US 425. I stayed there 6-7 times in 2007-2008 as I traveled to the UofA Monticello to finish my graduate degree. At the time, the hotel was behind a Mexican restaurant (with pretty good food) that had an attached dance club. You'd think the place would be pretty loud on Friday and Saturday nights, but the noise was rarely an issue. I would listen to music while I studied or wrote, or I'd watch a movie. I'd only notice the noise a couple of times a night, probably as people left the club.

I'm retired from the military, and I traveled for a corporate job for quite a few years, so I've really seen some highs and lows. My rooms at this property were always clean. The desk staff always did whatever they could to take care of me. They had a basic breakfast bar with milk, juice and coffee, a few types of cereal and pastries. It wasn't a lavish spread (and the breakfast area is pretty small), but it's free, and it was always fresh. The rooms had local cable and movie channels, though I rarely watched, and there was wireless internet on the property for free (which I definitely DID use). I almost always had a good signal. My rooms always had an iron, fridge, and a small coffeemaker. They also had a pool, which I think I visited once. It was in good shape, I just never had time to swim.

Over the 8 -9 months that I regularly visited, I saw quite a bit of room renovation. The furniture wasn't high end (this IS a Super 8), but it was all sturdy and comfortable. I heard very mixed reviews about the Holiday Inn Express, which was more than double the price, and I had one decent and one bad stay at the Days Inn, and I'd avoid it... I understand the new Hampton Inn in town is pretty nice, but again, you'll pay almost double to stay there...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank NWA_VP
Sheridan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

I spent a little time looking at on-line reviews before I made the trip to Monticello. I wasn't looking for the Ritz, just a nice, clean room that wasn't expensive. That is exactly what I found at Super 8. The room appeared and smelled nice, and all things were in working order. I will definitely stay here again if I ever need a place to lay my head in Monticello.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Holiday Inn Express Monticello
Days Inn Monticello
Days Inn Monticello
#3 of 4 in Monticello
Clairmont Inn and Suites

Been to Super 8 Monticello AR? Share your experiences!