“I referred to this hotel room as the "crack shack"!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Economy Inn Express Monticello
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Initially, we were looking for a pet-friendly hotel that had an area of grass to take our dogs. This place had it at a fairly reasonable price $50/night (this is with a $10 extra charge for the dogs! What a hoot!). Upon seeing the shower area...I had my husband take me to the local Wal-Mart to purchase a pair of flip-flops to wear while showering! Yuck! Thankfully, I had "febreze" with...sprayed the room down very well!

After returning from Wal-Mart, I decided to walk the dogs around the grassy area just outside our room...what's the first thing I find? A crack pipe! It was amongst all of the other garbage that surrounded the place! Just about the time we were laying our heads down after a long day of driving...the partying and drug sales started!! I did not feel safe in this hotel!

What a disappointment! We were in Monticello to visit our son for his birthday and we cut our stay short because I couldn't bear to stay another night! We were told that this is the only pet-friendly hotel in town by the staff at the Days Inn...I will have to double check this online!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Monticello hotels
Hampton Inn Monticello
#4 of 4 in Monticello
Super 8 Monticello AR
Super 8 Monticello AR
#3 of 4 in Monticello

Been to Economy Inn Express Monticello? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Economy Inn Express Monticello

Address: 617 W Gaines St, Monticello, AR 71655-4639
Location: United States > Arkansas > Monticello
Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Monticello
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Economy Inn Express Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.