“Farmstay Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Club House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taupiri
The Club House
Sydney, Australia
“Farmstay Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed at the farmstay with my family, im 13 years of age and i had an amazing time at the farm. In the mornings i would get up at 6 and help milk the cows, not only that but i got to ride on a quad bike and tractor!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! :) After that i came in at 9 and saw the amazing dog Tua! He is a choc labrador, and the cat was adorable and his name was Homer Simpson. I came in for breakfast and then me and my family went exploring Hamilton. We would usually come back around 3 and me and my brother go back out and help round up the cows. One night we stayed for dinner and it was fun and the food was great. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves animals!!

Best farmstay ever!

James

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Randalstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here for a total of four nights while visiting our son in New Zealand. Initially we had booked only for two nights but because it was so good, we went back again. We were treated very well by Steve and Desley, they made us feel like family and made our stay most enjoyable. We spent some time on the farm, helped out with milking and feeding the lambs, it was home from home. So peaceful and quiet and the views were amazing. A great place to be. Thank you Steve and Desley

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Desley & Steve are wonderful hosts, friendly and warm. The set up was great with a fab studio where the family can hang - a exciting working farm for the kids to experience what most of people our age took for granted for our holidays. Delious breakfasts and a very memorable Lasagne (the boys are still raving!) were served in their beautiful home - a place designed with, and full of, love. All so close to Auckland and the Tron

Good luck with the rest of the calving season and we hope to see you again soo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Club House is just not another hotel or a guest house, it's more than what I thought. I never met such a wonderful people in my life,. This is my second visit to NZ and I stayed over a week at this house with my family (wife and three kids), frankly my children didn't want to go back, so I made up my decision and now my whole family relocated to Hamilton just because of the experience, environment and the hospitality and the people I met.

We never forget this place and the owners who looked after my children just like their own. I am really glad to found this place during my first visit in 2012 and now my children going to visit them again and again when they are on holiday. I wish them all the best in deed and god bless for their family, business and the future of The Club House. Thanks

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have been 3 with 2 children and all of us was amazed and found a lot of activities. There wa a nice cat and dog and we have seen how the cows are milked.

We enjoyed a good dinner as well with lot of conversation
I can recommend this home to everyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Tamworth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed with Desley & Steve on our last night before we flew out of Auckland (at 6.30am) after we had spent the week on a study tour of the North Island farming areas.

After staying in several motels, we just had the best time on our last night.

Fantastic hosts, the best Venison I have tasted in years & home grown veges made for a major treat - even after some fine dining during the week.

Our hosts where warm, welcoming & very entertaining, the beer was cold & the bed was comfy - just like home but I didnt have to wash up!

We were up early & had an easy drive to Auckland airport - See you next time Des & Steve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Possibly an experience for overseas visitors who live in high density housing to experience rural living. as for the accommodation the photo s on the site do not meet with reality of the facilities, rooms are very sparsely furnished, one bathroom for potentially 8 guests, lack of hot water.
The general cleanliness of the property is lacking in particular the bathroom. Rooms are not made up or attended to during your stay. Sited a spa on arrival, found it broken and dirty.
there is no attention to detail on what could be a great place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jane W

Been to The Club House? Share your experiences!