“Great stop to stop for a coffee and snack.”
Review of Patio Palafito

Patio Palafito
Ranked #5 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Castro
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

I was walking around looking at the stilt houses in Castro and saw this cafe. I decided to take a break and have a real coffee, rather than the nescafe I have been drinking. It has a chilled vibe and importantly seriously good coffee. There is a deck over the water to enjoy the view. Was a good choice for a pit stop.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Me and my group of friends stayed to nights in Castro and ended up eating breakfast here both mornings. The coffee, the juice and the pastels are great. But what made us come back was the service. The same waitress served us both mornings and was a delight. She recommended where to go, what to see in Chiloé and how to get there. She also played lovely Chilean music and explained it to us. We had such a great time here that we hugged the waitress when saying goodbye.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I am currently staying in Patio Palafito with my husband, the hotel is super cute and the location wonderful, but after driving super long to get here the next day we expected to be welcomed with a proper breakfast, which didn’t happen and spoiled the experience a lot. We already cope with lot of noise, which apparently is normal in palafitos, but after the noise torture arrives the most pathetic breakfast we have ever had and we have travelled to 50+ countries! The breakfast consisted of: tinned fruit (I came to Chiloé to experience their local fruit), flavoured, cheap yoghurt, dry bread and 1 piece (cut into 4 small pieces) of cheese and another 4 small pieces of cooked ham (which we puzzled into 1 sad piece) with butter. We also got “pineapple juice” that was so diluted that we had to guess that it maybe had the rest of the juice mixed with loads of water, from tin maybe? The coffee is filter coffee... I feel so disappointed. It isn’t a cheap hotel and I felt like a cheap tourist! Not worth the price, absolutely not. Rather stay somewhere else and go there just for a coffee (although better a tea, higher chances are that is going to taste as expected) and a cake (that one was good and we ended paying extras so we could actually eat something nice).

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2018

This is a wonderful place to stop in for a bite at the cafe. HIghly recommend this location -- great ambiance, such history.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has only 8 rooms and cofee shop with not good coffee!
Staff are helpful. Limited parking besides it advertises free parking.
The space is crowded with uncomfortable rooms and pretencious space "minimalistic"
Breakfast is poor. :(