“Deserved number 1”

Ranked #8 of 89 Restaurants in Castro
Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Inspired by the markets, our ingredients are chilotes, fresh and local.Cooked with love, we enhance flavors, aromas and textures.Welcome to enjoy a kitchen with personality and territorial consciousness, always fresh, always local.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

There's a reason why mercadito is number 1. Simply great tasty food. One of my best meals in Latin America after 8 months of travelling. We were lucky yo get a table and we're not disappointed. The service is friendly and not too formal. If we weren't leaving tomorrow I'd go back. A must visit

mercaditoCastro, Propietario at Mercadito, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thanks for the good vibrations! Is the best recognition for us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

great food and atmosphere - if it weren't for feeling rushed by the waitress who kept trying to take unfinished plates off the table it would have been perfect. maybe we got there a little late, as some of the things we wanted to order had run out.

mercaditoCastro, Owner at Mercadito, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thanks for the review. we are sorry for the hurry from the waiter. Every advice is useful to keep a good service standard.
Mercadito.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When you are in Castro, as you should be at least once in your life, don't miss it. Charming restaurant, gracious hosts, great local ingredients prepared with style.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spent a week in Castro and ate at Mercadito 4+ times because I loved the food and atmosphere so much! I highly recommend this restaurant. My partner is a big seafood/meat eater, and I am a vegan/vegetarian so it is often difficult for us to find a place that we both can eat and enjoy. We both really loved Mercadito. The pisco sours are delicious; the atmosphere is cozy, well decorated and with a lovely view of the water; and most importantly, the food is hands down among the best in Castro. I particularly loved Mercadito's soups, which change every few days. Their black bean soup, fresh bread with two flavorful spreads, and pisco sours were probably the reasons for my multiple return trips, but I also really enjoyed the falafel-like patty made out of grean peas and fresh salad served with the "menu del dia," which was available during my first visit. Unlike many Chilean restaurants, the vegetarian option is more than just some lettuce and tomato, and rather often includes a flavorful source of protein, veggies, soup and dessert.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent welcome, Very simple menu, food is fresh and very tasteful,
Pisco sour, is the best, selection of nice wine available, good recommendation from the staff.
The ambiance is warm and amazing.