I stayed here with a friend over x-mas 2013. We had a very nice christmas dinner with all guests who were around and the hostal owner Claudio also contributed a very nice christmas roast.
This hostal has basically everything a perfect hostal needs:
- Very friendly and helpful staff speaking spanish and english
- Very nice dorm rooms with big stylish beds and lockers
- Well equipped and pretty new bath rooms, as is everything in this hostel
- A terrace with sea view and access to the garden, which has hammocks, a vegetable garden, sunspots and shades
- A very well equipped kitchen with everything you need, free coffee, tee, fruits and herbs | Breakfast is included in the price (bread, jellys, dulche de leche, cheese, juice, milk, cornflakes)
- A basement with table-tennis, table-soccer, indoor bbq, stereo and also direct access to the garden
- A nice living room with an oven, board games, tv, music, large dining table
- Laundry service, secure lockers, wifi, public computer (a bit old and slow though)
- A very good location directly opposite the terminal (buses del sur) and just next to the coastal road where you can have nice walks or make your way to the pinguin colonies of Puñihuil
I can't really think of anything negative in this place, in my opinion this reaches nearly perfection for a budget accommodation. Only the rooms in the basement don't seem to be as cool as the ones upstairs, but other than that, perfect.
My guess: You'll stay longer than you intended to, although Ancud itself doesn't offer that much.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your 13 Lunas Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 13 Lunas Hostel Ancud, Chile - Isla Chiloe