“Trip of a lifetime”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Futaleufu
Futaleufu River Bio Bio Expeditions Camp
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

It was, quite simply, one of the best times I have ever had. EVERYTHING I read about Bio Bio Expeditions and the Futaleufu trip prior to leaving was spot-on...only MORE. The staff, the locale, THE FOOD...and the water. Wow, the WATER!!! This was an experience I will never forget - not only for the beauty of Patagonia and the amazing hospitality we received from the Bio Bio group, but for the new friends made while on this adventure. YOU MUST GO!!!

Room Tip: Remote tents are quieter than those near the bar/hot tub area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2012

No hestitation giving a 5 star rating on this one. Bio Bio makes the long trek to Chile meaningless. Would leave again tomorrow.
They are dialed in on what it takes to show adventure travellers a stellar time. Warm, welcoming, safe, smart and detail oriented my expectations were exceeded in every way.
Laughter was had by all!
Do it! You will be more than glad.
( I am already scanning their other offerrings and thinking Galapagos maybe..... )

Room Tip: All the rooms are built over the river! View is spectacular!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The first of many more expeditions with Bio Bio. My wife and I have been to some pretty great places in the world, and this was our best experience ever. It's hard to contain my exuberance for this place, but I shall try:

The beautiful camp is nestled among tall mountains on the very edge of the Fulateufu River. One could do nothing but stare at the natural beauty of the area. The camp is a thoughtfully appointed luxury camping experience: Wood-fired hot tubs and saunas, fire-pits, posh sleeping platforms, indoor and outdoor yoga areas that overlook killer views of the river. Damara, resident yogi, leads great morning classes with pithy readings.

Bio Bio's staff is first rate. Rafting guides are warm, thoughtful, fun, cool, international, and worldly. Inexperienced boaters feel safe running big water with their guidance. The camp staff are similarly warm, delivering great hospitality that feels natural. Guests are welcomed like family. Bio Bio owners are fun, and they are committed to delivering a great experience. Bio Bio's support and logistics staff are competent and helpful.

Meals at camp are amazing. Cookie, the Chef, cooks all manner of international dishes - Peruvian, Mexican, Indian, Italian, Chilean Asado, and he could hold his own in a Michelin Star kitchen. Vegetables and spices come from the on-site garden. Wine is plentiful and excellent.

The boating is incredible. The Fulateufu River is sensationally beautiful, and the rapids are a blast. Inferno Canyon is breathtaking. Whether on a raft or kayak (or Ducky) one always feels safe as the safety systems are dialed-in.

My wife said I found my smile again during this trip, and it's true. Bio Bio Expeditions Camp Fulateufu is absolutely incredible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This was one of the most exciting adventure packed trips I have every been on. All activities described were done and all were extremely fun. One of the best parts of the trip was the way the guides took care of the guests.....very professional, polite, smart, and accommodating. You must do this trip if you are thinking about traveling to Chile!

Room Tip: The 'tents' they provide are like a hotel room. See the images on the Bio Bio website. They...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The rafting was first-rate with very careful planning and execution by the experienced guides. Class 4 and 5 rapids.
Gorgeous, remote, mountain setting with bright aqua river.
The camp was both rustic and luxurious--platform tents with river views, flush toilets and hot showers, hot tubs and sauna, even massages.
Wonderful gourmet meals.
It was a great home in the wilderness to return to every evening.
I travelled alone (small single supplement) and had never rafted. Others in my group of 24 were younger, single and married, from all over the world, and extremely friendly and fun. Most were experienced rafters.
A lot of drinking and dancing at night, which I passed up and retired to my (requested) remote tent up the hill to read and listen to the rushing of the Fu.
The Bio Bio staff were attentive, professional, and delightful.
I'm planning another trip with them next year.

Room Tip: Tents near the bar were noisy. If you want quiet, ask for a remote tent.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2012

When I first heard about rafting on the Futaleufu and getting veterinary CE I was excited. I was a little apprehensive as I have never white water rafted before but was assured that it was for all levels, experience or not.
On arrival at the camp I was in awe! It is absolutely stunning in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains. The camp is mostly open air with lots of amenities. Truly glamorous camping. The tents are spacious with real beds. All tents have a spectacular view of the river. There are hot water showers and real flushing toilets. The food was to die for, the best I have had in a long time. The bar always had drinks and red wine flowing right beside an amazing hot tub. All well needed after a full day of rafting.

The rafting was amazing!! As a first timer I felt completely safe at ALL times! The guides are absolutely amazing, the best in the world. I never knew what true white water was and now I have the bug and can't wait to do it again.

The continuing education seminars were also great. Very informative and a great environment to learn. I definitely have come home and used a lot of the new info I gained. Who could complain, great CE, in Chile all while white water rafting.

Overall this is one of the best trips I have ever been on. I would suggest this trip to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012